Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     06 November 2009

Few questions

Are you a Secularist Indian Citizen?

Then please answer these questions for yourself.

1.There are 52 Muslim countries.Show one Muslim country which provides Haj subsidy.

2.Show one Muslim country where Hindus are extended the special rights that Muslims are accorded in India .

3.Show one country where 85% majority craves for the indulgence of the 15% minority.

4.Show one Muslim country which has/had a Non-Muslim as its President or Prime Minister.

5.Show one Mullah or Maulvi who has declared a 'fatwa' against terrorists.

6.The Hindu majority states and United Territories like Maharashtra,Bihar,Kerala, Pondicherry have,in the past,elected Muslims as Chief Ministers.Can you ever imagine a Hindu becoming the Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir?

7.In 1947 during the Partition,the Hindu population in Pakistan was 24%. Today it is below 1%. In East Pakistan(now free Bangladesh for whose India fought in 1971),the Hindu population was 30%.Today it is around 7%. What happened to the Hindus there?Do Hindus have human rights?

8.In contrast,in India,the Muslim population has gone up from 10.4%(1951) to 17.8% today,where as Hindu population has come down from 87.2%(1951) to 82%(1991). Do you still think Hindus are fundamentalists?

9.How come in an 'intolerant Hindu India',Muslims proclaim 5 times a day on loud-speakers that there is no God except Allah?

10. What did M K Gandhi and his nation get in return for supporting(and pressurising the Indian National Congress to support) the Khilafat Movement(which has got nothing to do with India's own Freedom Movement?

11.If Muslims and Christians are minorities in Maharashtra,UP,Bihar,MP etc. and enjoy minority rights,are Hindus not minorities in J&K,Mizoram,Nagaland,Arunachal Pradesh,Meghalaya etc?Why are Hindus denied minority rights in these states?

12. When Haj pilgrims are given subsidies,why Hindu pilgrims to Amarnath,Sabarimalai,Kailash Manosarovar are taxed?

13. If Muslims and Christians can teach the Quran and the Bible in convents and madrasshas,why cannot Hindus teach the Gita in schools(or Vidyalayas)?

13.Why Temple Funds are spent for the welfare of Muslims according to Constitutional Law,when temples are blown off by Muslim fundamentalists(and when Hindus are free to spend Temple Funds in whatever way they like?)

14.When school Uniforms are made compulsory for children,why is there no Uniform civil code when these very children grow up to be adult citizens of India ?

15. In what way is Jammu & Kashmir different from Maharashtra and Tamilnadu to enjoy the privileges of Article 370 of our Constitution?

16.A R Antulay was made a trustee of Mumbai's Sidhhi Vinayak Temple.(this is not the only example though).Show one Masjid or Madrassah having a Hindu trustee.

Learning

7 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     06 November 2009

yes ,

look the greatness of HINDU'S.

2 Like

Anish goyal (Advocate)     06 November 2009

Suchitra g this is the speciality of india
2 Like

(Guest)

Although I empathize with your statement, historically, it has been seen that most of the fights between religions have been to stake claim over land, money, resources or some mode of income. To some, religion and its importance is only as much as the money that it brings in. The feeling of frustration is justified and needs to be looked into. But its a sociological problem and cannot be done away by legislation or enforcement. The thought process of the society has to change. Either extreme is bad for all parties concerned. Having said that I do agree that its become a case of 'Tum karo toh chamatkar aur ham karein toh andhvishwas'.

Earlier, it was fight between religion and science. Now that its been largely settled, it has branched out into other areas. Most of the time, the fights that you see might be the result of fight between just two men who have considerable amount of powert or between two small groups who are losing a money making propostion or even when the group doesnt have have mass support at all. So for example, if one man kills another, its considered a murder. Now add religion of the respective men and it becomes an atrocity. As its rightly said, religion is the opium of the masses. Though we cannot completely negate religion, its an individual enterprise and thats wht should be publicized. Religion is relationship between man and god. Allowing group identities to be enforced will only aggravate the problem. The only way this will go away permanently if through education and evolution and economic sustainability. If either of these three are not there its a problem. For example, one might be rich but not evolved or educated enough to understand the consequences of his actions

2 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     06 November 2009

well somebody did send me the power point presentation of the facts stated by Suchitra Madam.

such facts/ mails/ posts put me in a sort of dilemma, at one moment i become a staunch Hindu and in another moment i become a secular person.

Religion does play a major role in society....in fact basic principles may be the same the difference of religious practices create a difference.

Killing people in the name of reiligion, giving special incentives to a particular religion, giving political speeches from religion places, imposing bans and strikes in the name of religion etc, are in fact branches of political terrorism.

in India we had certain legends who were and few are in fact much above the level of any religion....cant we accept humanity as religion?

there have been few wonderful contributors on LCI who come from different walks of life and have got different religion.  And i think all have finest of the brain which works in the direction of development of law.

politicians are parasites in true sense...they make distinctions on the basis of religion, if there was some political will the Uniform Civil Code could have been imposed in India...when Muslim countries can have strict possible laws on various issues then why not the secular country like India....constitution of India does not promote any religion...secularism, equality and fraternity etc. are the roots of constitution of India.

but social change is not easy to brought into existence.

"Bullah ki jaana main kaun......" (even i dont know, who I am, who sent me here, for what and for whom - people call the sender as GOD, but m yet to have a date with him)

3 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     06 November 2009

I agree. Humanity is the best religion.

2 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     07 November 2009

Hinduism is the best religion because i think dt now a days only we have  Humanity .

SADBHAWNA,SAUHARDYA,SHANBHOOTI, and all idealities.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     08 November 2009

Hinduism and humanism are same and one but unfortunately various pwers within and outside of Bharat are trying to destroy thisHindusim since last 1200 years. Only Hinduism teaches secularism.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register