Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phaneendar B N (Forensic Expert and Director)     22 May 2014

Cross examination

Dear Professionals, 

I am a Forensic Documents and Handwriting Expert from Bangalore. One of my client in their case has obtained a handwriting report from an expert who was appointed as commissioner in that case. The handwriting opinion is completely not technical and very vague and never can be termed as technical!!. With this fact, I have the following question

Is there a provision for a handwriting Expert to be appointed as the cross examiner (by taking power of attorney by the Advocate in the case) to cross examine another Handwriting expert who has already given an opinion in this case?

Please advice with the help of any cases / case laws. I am seeking suggestion to support the truth and also in the interest of equity and Justice.

-

Phaneendar B N - Forensic Documents and Handwriting Expert

Mob: +91 9448558446

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 May 2014

There are established, recognised laboratories, and Hon.Judge can in case of doubts expressed  by opponents can always obtain second opinion from those labs, as he can not punish any innocent man, without giving an opportunity of knowing full facts and giving opportunity to that person to prove his innocence.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

If you claim yourself as a handwriting expert, you are restricted to the cases referred to you alone and you have no right to interfere into others business.  In what way are you concerned or related with the case referred to herein in your query?, what is your botheration about the outcome of the case based on somebody's expertise?, In what way  somebody's independent profession going to hamper your profession?  You have no right to cross examine the other expert in a case tried before a court, you are neither a lawyer  nor a party to that case.  How do you form an opinion that the other expert's opinion is false?  Do you think that all the cases are to be referred only to you and you are the only genuine expert on all such cases?  Donot post queries concerning your professional competition.

1 Like

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     24 May 2014

You can help the sufferer's Advocate by your technical questions to enable him to put those questions at the time of examining the hand writing expert.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register