Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Edward (manager)     25 February 2014

Noc to sell flat

Hello,
I need some advice into a real estate matter. My father had a Flat in Mumbai. After he passed away flat is transferred into mother's name.
Now to meet family members mother visited oversees for sometime. during that time her Son stayed at that flat in Mumbai.

He took some personal loans and done some illegal activity using flat address and now nowhere to be found. Now, mother wants to sell flat but due to bank's outstanding loan(which she didn't take) and other problems, society not giving NOC to sell flat. Is it possible that Court take possession of the Flat to recover loan?
if that happens what my mother can do to prevent it? Does she need Co-op housing society's NOC to sell flat?

Please guide us in this matter as we cannot stay at this residence from last several years.
What would be the best point of action? any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 February 2014

clear the bank loan and get NOC from the society.No other way.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 February 2014

You say that your mother's son had indulged into some illegal activities during the absence of your mother, what are you to your mother and what are you to he son?, Where were you staying during his illegal activities at that home?, whether he forged her signature and availed loan in her favor?, or whether your mother herself availed loan?, so long there is an outstanding loan against the property , it will not be possible to get NOC. So, as advised, first clear the loan and then go for NOC.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     26 February 2014

1. The querist  has not come with all the  facts in his above query,

2. How your mother's son has mortgaged your mother's property with Bank to create security interest on it so that the bank is now asking possession of it for selling the same to realise the outstading  loan amount standing against your said mother's son?

3. If he has forged any document, then meet the Bank to state that your mother still posses the original title deed of her said property & Bank has been cheated by your mother's son by  depositing fake property document to take loan,

4. If Bank refuses to listen, write to Bank's Ombudsman accordingly.

1 Like

Edward (manager)     28 February 2014

Thanks everyone for the reply. Here are some clarification on my post.

The person who took the loan is my elder brother. He is the only one who stayed at my mother's flat during our absence. I also went to oversees with my mother.

also,my brother took PERSONAL LOANS under his name. There is NO PROPERTY LOAN (FLAT LOAN). But due to some illegal activity/ Personal Loan, the Society was told not to issue NOC to sell flat.

Now if my mother goes to Bank, will they make her pay off the Loan, which is did not take? Is it possible that Court can take possession of the Flat to recover loan?

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     02 March 2014

1. Be it personal loan or property loan, if your mother's property has not been mortgaged with the Bank by depositing the original Title Deed of the property, then the said property is free from any charges of the Bank,

2. Against whose illegal activity  the society was told not to issue NOC & who told such things?

3. If your mother has not mortgaged her property or if she has not stood as guarantoe for any body's loan which has now become outstanding, & also if there are no other legal hitches, the Society can not refuse to issue NOC for your mother's selling her flat.  

1 Like

Edward (manager)     11 March 2014

My mother has not taken any Personal loan or she has not mortgaged her flat with Bank. The flat is free of any mortgage. mother has the original documents of the flat.

Mother's son (my elder brother) took Personal loans and used flat address for some illegal activity. Due to that Police and Bank officials told society's secretory to inform them if any of the family member visit the flat and not to issue NOC. i don't know what kind of Police case is involved in it.

So if my mother goes to live at flat Bank people will ask where is your Son? or Police will inquire her. so my question is, if my mother goes to live at that property will she get trouble from Police and Bank? Can they do any legal action against my mother or make her pay loan amount? Do we need to solve this matter in order to sell flat? thanks again for your help.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     12 March 2014

1. For the illegal activities of your morher's son, your mother can not be held responsible,

2. Police can ask your mother about the whereabouts of her said son which she can answer,

3. The society has no right to refuse the issuance of NOC to your mother if she wants to sell her said flat.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register