Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guru (Sales Manager)     27 December 2013

Kindly advise, what to do in this scenarion?

Dear Experts,

Some brief about my case:-

I got married in Feb 2013, and my wife deserted me after 1 month of marriage without any reason...Even she has not join me at my father’s surgery time was very hard for me. I did many requests and try to conveyance her but didn’t work out. She files fake police complaint against me in May 2013....We did family meeting to short out the issue amicably but that also not workout…..As she is not ready to live with me and require divorce I agreed to do give her…

But, her expected game start and threading for money again police station round and tried hard to file the case…..But, somehow police has not file the case as I have some of her messages and recording phone calls where she was abuse me and threading for money in form of alimony. It’s my assumption about the Police that they have not file the case because of some messages and recording!!

She change her location, her job…..Not in touch with any buddy even her relatives also…..No communication, no contact….

Please advise me, what step I can take now to get divorce from her?

Learning

7 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 December 2013

I suggest you to make a written report of your wife to police SP of your district that your wife is continuously threatening and asking money and divorce from you and if you will not paid to her then she will file false case against you , send a copy to district magistrate and a copy to sho of your police station , it give benifits to you ,you will not prosecuted and got easily bail if she file false case against you , no need to give a single penny to her , if possible try to get the address where she is working if you proved in the court that she is a working lady and capable to maintenance herself then court will not grant her any maintenance amount.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2013

Do nothing now, my suggestion is that watch all her developments patiently while making arrangements to defend yourself in the later stage when you are made to confront things.  Act only when there is a problem and for the present allow the time pass so that you can initiate appropriate legal actions against her at an appropriate time for permanent reliefs.

1 Like

gautam (not disclosed)     27 December 2013

how can you not know why she deserted you?

Guru (Sales Manager)     28 December 2013

Dear Laxmi Kant Sir,

She already tried to file a case, she went out in Police station again in Sept 2013 with written complain about her cloths which are lying at my house, only cloths was with me and I was ready to give her willingly no need to go in Police Station, but she want to create the scene.....She demanding jewellery also which are not with me....

There I was faced 12 hours torture from police, but case has not filed may be because of I have phone call recordings & messages where she was abuse me and threatening me, it’s my assumption about Police.

Now, she stops calling me.....No threatening, No communication, no phone calls from last few months.

Dear Kalaiselvan Sir,

There is no communication or no action from her side.....Up to how much time/day/months I will wait? Kindly suggest me.

Please note: - My 1 year is going to complete in Feb 2014....

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     28 December 2013

Till feburary you do what i suggested you as above, mentioned in your report that she

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     28 December 2013

Till February you do what i suggested you as above , mentioned in your report that she had taken all her jewellery and cloths with her and now nothing is left with me , as i suspect she can file false case against me . in the starting of march file divorce case on the ground of mental cruelty upon you as she had filed false police complaint against you .
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

Yes, it will be better that you file a case for divorce against her after completion of one year period of your marriage with her.  The grounds for divorce should be cruelty (her behavior with you during the brief period of stay with you in your household, her false complaints against you in the police station will constitute grounds for cruelty), non-cohabitation, desertion.  You do not have to  worry about not knowing her present residential address, you may send notice to the last known address. Contact a a good lawyer for further proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register