Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     23 May 2013

Unable to attend next court date at mumbai family court

Hello,

I am running my divorce case on my own and wont be able to attend my next court date.

can anyone tell me the procedure to inform the court before court date.

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)

Unless posted for orders

1.  IA

2.  Final orders etc

Nothing to worry.  They will give one more date.

Advice:  Its good to hire services of a lawyer.

1 Like

fighting back (exec)     23 May 2013

@helping hand....

hi sir. how are you? just wanted to seek your advice. i have a similiar problem, running around for dates in different states, i want to know how can i stretch the RCR case to its maximum, i am not interested in cohabiting with her any longer, after the problems that arose between us, however i dont want to let the RCR go expartee, hence what would be your suggestion on how to stretch it to the maximum? thanks

Thank you helping Hand,

I already had an advocate and somehow I managed to pay her consulting fees. Now, due to my financial crisis, am unable to hire a new one.

I was unable to attend my previous court date also, So I just would like to inform the court that I will not be able to attend next date too. So, Is there any way by giving a written application to the Court before the date ?

Hello again,

Just for your info., I have filed divorce petition and am genuinely not able to attend my next court date. I do not have any intentions to prolongue the date but I am helpless. So, can you give me an alternative such as giving a written application ?

stanley (Freedom)     23 May 2013

yes you send a written application with your friend stating the reason for which you are unable to attend or catch hold of the clerk prior to your date and hand him over the application and he would do the needfull for your and than call him up and ask him when the next date is fixed for as simple as that . dont break your head over small things .

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : no pain no gain....

@helping hand....

hi sir. how are you? just wanted to seek your advice. i have a similiar problem, running around for dates in different states, i want to know how can i stretch the RCR case to its maximum, i am not interested in cohabiting with her any longer, after the problems that arose between us, however i dont want to let the RCR go expartee, hence what would be your suggestion on how to stretch it to the maximum? thanks

You have a lawyer, so no worries for you.  Regarding RCR case, will talk on PM.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rugved

Thank you helping Hand,

I already had an advocate and somehow I managed to pay her consulting fees. Now, due to my financial crisis, am unable to hire a new one.

I was unable to attend my previous court date also, So I just would like to inform the court that I will not be able to attend next date too. So, Is there any way by giving a written application to the Court before the date ?

Write love letter to court, as to not being able to attend date.

Meanwhile get a 100 rupees date lawyer.  Lots of lawyers are there, find a lawyer whose fees are not exhorbitant.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rugved

Hello again,

Just for your info., I have filed divorce petition and am genuinely not able to attend my next court date. I do not have any intentions to prolongue the date but I am helpless. So, can you give me an alternative such as giving a written application ?

Lakhs and lakhs of divorce cases are there.

Judge wont have time to give dates in first round, and you are worried about missing one date!

Nothing to worry.

Even if you dont turn up to pay alimony for a good 2 years, still the divorce petition will be pending, such is the mach speed of our judiciary system.

So no  worries.

Victim of Greed (Worker)     31 May 2013

Thank you Mr. Stanley for your help. I would further like to ask you is it necessary to mention the reason for not able to attend the court ? Frankly speaking, I have a job interview outside Mumbai but I do not want to reveal in the Court. May i ask you to suggest any other excuse ? Or should I reveal the truth ?

stanley (Freedom)     31 May 2013

You can reveal as per your wishes since yours is only a Divorce case and not a DV case or a 498 A case where there is a compulsion to attend  . You can always state medical grounds and take a certificate from the doctor in case if called for on the next date . 

satya prakash (Clerk)     01 June 2013

seeing this post remebered in Family court dates are given frequently every 8 days but still opposition party & Lawyer both are not appearing.

I tried to search judgements but ddnt find single I think no such judgement available.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register