Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

preetsingh (abc)     15 April 2013

Unmarried certificate

hi

im indian citizen living in cyprus and want to know how i can apply for my unmarried certificate from cyprus?the one i have but its more older then 3 months,it is usefull for me now or i need to make new one?

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 April 2013

1. The validity of Unmarried Certificate as per India Laws is 3 months for women that also as per official Notification followed in few States of India and not all.
  2. Law is not clear as to validity of Unmarried certificate for Indian men that also as per official Notification followed in few States of India and not all.
  3. If the said Certificate that you have is issued in India it will be attested by the Office of the Indian High Commission in Nocosia only after they have been apostilled by CPV Division, Ministry of External Affairs, Tilak Marg, New Delhi.
  4. To the best of our knowledge Indian High Commission overseas donot issue Unmarried Certificates. Even if they do issue such Certificate then it is based on the particulars of the Indian Passport stating the marital status of the Indian citizen therein.
    However you said to us that you have expired Indian Passport the last time we interacted here !
1 Like

preetsingh (abc)     16 April 2013

no my passport havnt expired yet

i just have the unmarried certificate that is older then 3months now,will they stamp it in nicosia?or i need to make another one from india(punjab)?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register