LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash (DOCTOR)     04 April 2013

Mental torture from wife

my wife and her family member wanted  to separate me from my family and when they realized its not happening they misbehaved a lot with me and family  and my wife left with her parents with all her luggage..at the same time they threaten to blackmail us by imposing 498a and she might attemt suicide on my name...she is away from me for last one month...now i am confused what i should do... should i lodge divorce or wait for their action...one of my very important exam in july...and am worried if they lodge such complaint at that time...pls help..

Learning

8 Replies

Nandha (NIL)     04 April 2013

@prakash,

Report to your nearest police station immediately. This will help you.  

Like your case, my wife also did the same thing, but i made a mistake of not reporting to police station as I thought it could be resolved through elders. But, they never came for talks, instead they approached police station and harrassed me. 

Remember, wife can file any case at any time during her lifetime. But, husband has to act immediately to safeguard himself.

After reading this reply, prepare a letter stating that your life left on her own, but threatened of false dowry harrassment case and submit to the police station and take acknowledgement.

Do not file any case now. After submitting the letter to police station wait for some time. Then after 3 months, send a notice to her to join you. If she does not come, then you can send a divorce notice. Hope you have enough proof to prove her mental cruelties. If you do not have sufficient proof, you may wait for 2 years to make desertion ground for obtaining divorce.

Get experts help from this forumn.. they will guide you appropriately..

thanks

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     05 April 2013

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     05 April 2013

Get a NCR from the police station, keep your cool and do well in the exams..Send her an email expressing your willingness to cohabitate.

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Trupthi Agarwal (advocate)     05 April 2013

where the marriage is completed, and if ur wife has refused to live with you, the remedy is to file a suit of restitution of conjugal rights. this shows about your willingness to continue your marriage

You prepare for your exam, don't file RCR, it is useless. Send a legal notice to her to rejoin you. If she refuses to come back then file for divorce. File a written complaint at your local police station about her threats.

www.mehnat.in

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Manish Udar
 File a written complaint at your local police station about her threats.

Can this written complaint stop 498a?

No it cannot. But it will be a part of your legal defence if such a thing happens.

www.mehnat.in

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2013

why she wanted to live seperately. please consult a family friend to judge if her grievance is genuine or not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register