Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (consultant)     01 January 2013

Cutting hand due to harassement by wife

Hi friends,

I have been married since 2 years and was living happily with my wife.

But since few months I got to know about her extra marital affairs and tried to stop her from meeting her boyfriend but she never did and started behavely abnormally.

One bad day out of confusion, I cut my hand to make her realise about the love I carry for her but she deserted and its been 9 months she is not willing to come back.

Suddently her brother started accusing me of scaring her by cutting my hand. I accepted that I cut my hand as it was a normal reaction of a husband who knows extra-marital affair of his wife.

I have few proofs of her relations with her boyfriend which I donot want to use against her as it will un-necessarily spoil her life.

I want to understand that can they put a false allegation (after 9 months of desertion) of suicide - attempt or attempt to murder?

Should I agree that I myself cut my hand?

I can also say that she challanged me to prove my love for her and I did that.

I donot know whether to agree about this incidence or not?

She might have recorded that incidence  (blood coming out of my nerves) so I cannot say that these marks are older or I have done that after she deserted.

What should I say?

Reality is that I cut my hand to make her realize that I love her and to stop meeting her boyfriend.

Please help me!

Learning

6 Replies

tenrique_in (MT)     01 January 2013

Be a man, let go off her.. she is not worth your love.  A person who has multiple relations at the same time can never and never be trusted to be a lifepartner.   Get rid of her.  I bet you can never live happily even if you get her back.   "Jockey or Nothing"  in the same way "Faithful Wife or  Nothing."

Gaurav (consultant)     01 January 2013

I understand faith once broken can not be restored.

I tried hard to forget about her lover but he kept haunting me and I felt so insecure that I did this stupidity.

In 9 months, I have learned that she is not worth coming back as she has not shown remorse in these 9 moths and never tried knowing about my whereabouts so I also want to finish it in a peaceful way.

I have few proofs of her bonding with her lover which I will use only if required else I will let her go and live happily with that idiot.

But her brother in a reconcilation talk (which failed finally) reminded me of this 9 months old incident of cutting my hand which I nodded in pressure.

I am confused should I mantain this answer or refuse agreeing to that incidence as it can attract unnecessary twists.

If she started blaming me of suicide attempt or something similar then I can easily say that she has cut my hand or she has challeneged  (and tortured) me to an extent and thus I did that.

I don't know what to answer them in next meeting if they ask again?

Please give me legal opinion

Never Give Up (Fighter)     02 January 2013

Let the question come legally on paper if at all something comes up..or else plainly deny doing such things . Why to worry un-necessarily..

Be diplomatic.

Gaurav (consultant)     02 January 2013

The problem is that my wife just to get divorce may be cooking up things which I will anyway agree if she say directly. I, infact, offered her as well to get separated but they seem to start blame game. If they file any false case of 498a, I will come out of it as I have proofs of her affairs but I am just confused why they are highlighting this cutting hand thing after 9 months of separation. Being a girl she can put N number of allegations very easily. Their hidden motive is making me confuse. Even after 9 months I am not able to understand what they want with this separation? Highlighting such things can be a sign of beginning of war or was it just a foolish attempt to shift the blame? I am worried that they will highlight it again in next family meeting and confused what to say as in last meeting I nodded for this act.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 January 2013

This incident is immaterial in 498a. So remain comfy.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

3 Like

Gaurav (consultant)     03 January 2013

Hi Shonee, Thanks for your reply. I am already in touch with you since last 2 months to handle my case :-) I will contact you directly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register