LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arjun (md)     21 December 2012

Case for tampering the document

I have an OLD DOB certifcate (hand written) stating my correct DOB (09-10-1988) . According  to my Zonal MCD sub registrar of  births and Deaths  , their records show (08-10-1988) . He accuse me that i have tampered the OLD certificate as it has an overwriting over the zero in the nine. I have all other proofs but not the hospital records . I want to prove that the document is authentic and that they should correct their records.

1. Is this a criminal case or civil case  ?

2. The case is against MCD or the officer in personal ?

3. in which court can i file this case , does this come under SDM ?

4. how can i  prove the certificate is not tampered and is genuine but not fake ?

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     21 December 2012

if it is related to tampering of official documents, then it is a criminal case.

But you need to show the documents to the Handwriting expert and get the certificate whether the tampering is done by you or not.

this would help you to proctect yourself incase the criminal case is filed.

Further, since you don't know who had done the tampering therefore the case is to be filed against MCD only.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

1 Like

arjun (md)     21 December 2012

If this case is won by me , will the court order MCD to issue me a new certificate with the correct DOB ?

and if it is lost but proved that i did not tampered the certificate , who will be prosecuted ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register