Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnamurthy Balasubramanyam (Manager)     21 April 2012

My wife wants a divorce and i dont want.

Dear Sirs,

I am married since the last 10years and 3 months. My wife has now filed for divorce under various clauses of non-consummation of marraige, mental cruelty and torture,etc. Our first counselling is at Chennai (the case has been posted there only). The reasons for which my wife wants divorce is actaully ridiculous and she has misintrepreted facts to suit her version. I do not want a divorce and am willing to make this marraige a success but my wife doesnt seem bothered. Our family is really in a emotional trauma ever since. What steps should I take to try and save my marraige without compromisisng on my self respect and my family's self respect? We have no children. I have a f eeling that she is doing this because of someone's instigation. How can I prove it? Please advice

Learning

7 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     21 April 2012

Contest the case.Divorce is not easy.If her allegations are false you file objection.Appoint a local and expert lawyer.Dont worry.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 April 2012

Yes. Contest the case. Divorce is not so easy as she thinks. The family court put the case under councelling.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     21 April 2012

since you are confident that all her submissions in the court are wrong, you should contest these on strong footing. it is not all that easy to get divorce and that is why ur case has been sent for counselling.

s.k ganguly (manager)     17 May 2012

My  wife want  to mutual  divorce. but  I  can  not  want  to divorce. she told  me  if  I can  not  gave  her  divorce, she  file the  divorce case... agenst me. I love  her very much.. I want  to  continue this case as longer as possible..what  can I do ? if  we  face contest divorce case, maximum how long time expected ?? I belive if I take time we will solve  our misunderstanding...& save  our married life..plz advice me..........

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     17 May 2012

I am a resident of Bangalore aged about 39 years and married for the past 10yrs and 4 months. This issue started of about 3 months back when my wife left for her mothers place. My wife was chronically ill and had been diagnosed with having fibromyalgia for which we had got her treated in Bangalore. She was having some physical illness since the 3rd month off our marraige.About 6 months back one of my relatives about my age assured us that she can be cured thru' reiki. During the course of treatment we found that he was not a man of good intentions but by then my wife had developed an emotional dependancy on him to an extent that she used to fight with me for his sake. When I objected to the same she misconstrued the same as suspicion and has since started telling all my relatives about the same. I was never doubting her but was not sure about that man. However the situation has reached a flasshpoint where-in my wife and in laws have stopped communicating to us since 22 days. She is non commital on coming back telling that her health is her priority and has forbidden me from calling her telling that it will stress her. I do not have any access to her doctor, hospital and the last I spoke to that Doctor was on Dec 31st.My whole family is in a dilemna and no matter how we have tried to reach her she seems incommunicable.She is currently being tretaed for one more disorder called Chronic fatigue syndrome. The treatment as I know is accupuncture. I am totally confused and do not know what to do? She also has told some relatives that she is scared that I may raise the old topics. I had also in a fit of rage sent her some messages which she has stored and is telling everybody that she might use it later on. What should I do in the current situation?

I am awaiting a reply from yourselves. What are the legal options left to me? Can I file a complaint against my in laws for preventing access to my wife? Whenever we call up they say she has gone out. She is currently in Chennai and I am in Bangalore. I had visited her last on Feb 5th.Why is she behaving like this? My in laws are also playing a safe game telling that we have never prevented you from coming here but also add that your coming here may worsen the situation. It is a classic case of pinching the baby and rocking the cradle.Is there any law in this country which will take care of the pleas of harassed husband? I have even offered that I am ready to separate from my parents if she wishes it.

I am married since the last 10years and 3 months. My wife has now filed for divorce under various clauses of non-consummation of marraige, mental cruelty and torture,etc. Our first counselling is at Chennai (the case has been posted there only). The reasons for which my wife wants divorce is actaully ridiculous and she has misintrepreted facts to suit her version. I do not want a divorce and am willing to make this marraige a success but my wife doesnt seem bothered. Our family is really in a emotional trauma ever since. What steps should I take to try and save my marraige without compromisisng on my self respect and my family's self respect? We have no children. I have a f eeling that she is doing this because of someone's instigation. How can I prove it? Please advice

Dear querier.  You have to file counter to her divorce petition and deny all the allegations she put forward and pray for Restitution of Conjugal Rights in the same counter.  Courts first like to see that husband and wife reconcile with each other hence if the counter is strong there is every possibility the court will give a decree of RCR in your favor.  However if she does not come home even then, court will not take any action against her.  Court's right in this matter is only limited to the extent of issuing a decree of RCR instead of giving Divorce decree.

satinder bassi (properitor)     01 December 2012

if my wife complaint in women cell aganist me & my family about dowry. not f.i.r. i am put case in court, wife come back. if yes, please tell me . what the name of case and how much court fees. in case. second marriage both of us. wife have no legally divorce. then, what i do ? i have recording for proof it she is misuse dowry law. plz give me advise.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     02 December 2012

dear ganguly,

for contested one it takes even 5 years..so no worry... just go ahead and skip evry alternative hearing on valid reasons..

and also start with distrcit court... hc and go on

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register