LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

radhika (housewife)     26 September 2012

My lawyer played the game with me

Lost it badly, first hearing for the case i filed (125 HMA), and the respondent did not appear for the hearing, so the Judge asked us to wait for another 2 hrs, and when we appeared in the court room after 2hrs, wht we got to know tht my case was closed becuse someone from my lawyer's office came and informed the judge tht the Petitioner's lawyer had to leave for hospital due to some emergency, also the petitioner left. and we got the second hearing after 3 months i.e on Feb '13....

Question:  How someone can play this kind of game.... or is tht my lawyer had played the game with us,  becuse he told tht he had to leave for another case in High court, becuse my hearing time and my lawyer's another case hearing time was clashing.....

and why did i get the second hearing after 3 months ?

Learning

22 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     26 September 2012

Have you checked he has really gone to hospital.If so it is quiet normal.Don't expect to have results so soon..be preare to fight for 2/3 years.

1 Like

ranee... read the my post again...

asmita0009 (working)     26 September 2012

There are some bogus advocates who are  really dangerous for  judiciary system in India.  Actually there is no any proper  control of Authority on these type  of lawyers.  Bar associations , judge assosciations and Govt always busy in their politics  .  But for common people whose cases are going on in court  their is no  any facility to hear their issues. There should be position of  Ombudmen in  Judiciary like Insurace sector,  where people we people can complain for this type of People related to Judiciary system .  Bar council is there   but i dont think how much they have authority.  But   i will you suggest to give letter direct to Hon. Judge in court.   I myself had done this so many time  in my own case.

merocksDsite (D site)     26 September 2012

She is all talking about herself.yes radhika it does happen.

merocksDsite (D site)     26 September 2012

You are suggesting her for direct action i dont think so should go for it.acc.to you, your lawyer played a game on you.what is the gurantee in relation to the next time he wont repeat the same thing?better change your lawyer.

thanks.... u r right... i better change the lawyer...

merocksDsite (D site)     27 September 2012

Good luck radhika :)

Manoj Kumar Jain (abc)     27 September 2012

I have read your thread. Better to change your lawyer. 

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     27 September 2012

This is normal. In Delhi lawyers have to rush to different courts sometime. He must have planned your case to be completed early but because of respondent's absence it took more time.

Give him benefit of doubt.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 September 2012

when the resp. was absent, and ur lawyer was also absent, 

u should have stayed in the court room itself.

at some time , the judge would have asked you, why are u waiting here.

then u should have told ur case no. & telling the facts should have prayed for passing the appropriate order.

from next time onwards, dont leave the courtroom before ur hearing.

i do the same in my own case.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 September 2012

by the way 

what is 125 HMA ??

radhika (housewife)     30 September 2012

we have engaged a different lawyer..........

radhika (housewife)     30 September 2012

hi Amit........... we were not aware tht we should leave the court room.... 

asmita0009 (working)     30 September 2012

yes,  amit suggested also correct.  i am always present  in my legal matter and avoide to give chance to my advocate to cheating me about court dates.

best luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register