Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RR (Business)     24 September 2012

Full name not in marriage certificate

Hi 

Myself and my wife got married through special marriage act but my wife's full name was not given in the application hence it didnt not get reflected in the marriage certificate also. We didnt add it as it was her family name. 

Eg: My wifes name is AA BB CC in our marriage application and marriage certificate the name is just AA BB 

We would like to add CC also to our marriage certificate as in all other documents her name is AA BB CC and this might cause an issue for us while applying for Passport/Visa etc 

Please could you advice how should we proceed for adding her family name to the marriage certificate.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 September 2012

Your first three lines in query contradict your stated Eg. that you have quoted to us.
Reasoning:-
What you write at the time of applying for Marriage Registration under SMA The Act in the Application it is ditto copied in Marriage Certificate issued under SMA. You say in your first three lines AA BB CC was not given in application whereas in Eg. that you quoted you contradict and say your wife name is AA BB CC in marriage application (PERIOD)

Remedy:-
Approach a jurisdiction Civil Court with a Declaratory suit which is sometimes time consuming once. The civil Court will declare her full name after marriage to be AA BB CC.

Had your marriage done under HMA then I could have advised now to Register your marriage again but under SMA where correct full name could have been mentioned both in Application as well as in Marriage Certificate issued under SMA. However reverse route following is barred bze marriage cerificate is already issued under SMA (PERIOD)

Second option is to given a name change advertisement in two newspapers and annex its full page mast original for Gazette Notification in State Gazette by filling their Name Change Application and meeting requesite Fees at the Gazette Office and once Name Change gets published in State Gazette retain one two many spare Gazette Publications for just use for any future purposes.  

1 Like

RR (Business)     25 September 2012

Hi 

Apologies for the typo

Kindly read the statement as 

My wifes name is AA BB CC in all her  other certificates  and  in marriage application and certificate the name is just AA BB 

We would not want to do the name change to AA BB as it adversely affects all other certificates.

So going with option 1, once I file the Declaratory suit and get her full name declared, should I be approaching the registrar office requesting to add the full name AA BB CC in the marriage certificate. 

Also , Is there any provision to get registered again under SMA from some other registration office?

Many thanks for your help

Looking forward for a reply

Thanks

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 September 2012

To both subsequent questions the clear advise are NO.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register