Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CHAKRAVARTHI K (TAX CONSULTANT)     15 September 2012

What is caveat

Hellow to all,

Recently I advised to file a caveat to prevent a broker who is trying to distrub my agreement with a builder. I filed the same.  After filing, I came to know that this caveat protects my interest only for a period of 3 months or say 90 days.  Is it true? If it is true, then what I have to do, to get protection from wrong case, i.e., want's file by that broker.  Am I have to file this caveat for every 90 days? which is very much cost effect to me. I was suggested by my lawyer to file caveat before two courts ie., Principal Senior Civil Judge and District Judge.  Is it necessary to file same caveat before two Hon'ble judges? When I asked this question, my lawyer told me that if that broker files case for Rs.2,00,000/- (ie., advance amount given by him as per his version) before the District judge and if he files case for complete settlement i.,e for Rs.95,00,000/- ( to register the site by taking remaining amount of Rs.93,00,000) before Principal Senior Civil Judge.  This is the present situation.  How to act? Am I, in the correct direction or not? Because of the situation I am confused. Please guide me.

Thank you very much

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     15 September 2012

Yes you've been informed correctly - Caveat stays alive for 90 days & different caveats for different courts. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register