LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiv sharma (NA)     13 July 2011

Deficiency of service by courier company

Dear all, I have booked a consignment on 08/07/2011 from Blazeflassh Courier, Patiala. The destination was Greater Noida. I checked the status on 12th and 13th july, it has not been delivered yet. I wrote an email to their customer service yesterday, which remains unanswered. Today again, I sent a reminder through email.

I would like to know whether delayed delivery and unanswering of emails can be defined as deficiency of service. Can I approach consumer court for delayed delivery? And what is defined as delayed delivery for courier comapnies? And finally, which act governs the courier companies? Thanks.

Learning

10 Replies

zeeshan.physics (student)     14 July 2011

i am zeeshan from pakistan, I am MS student . i was studying on scholership. my admission was terminated by the institute . i filed  writ petition but that was dismissed and i was directed to file my case in the proper forum. i filed my case in civil court but the civil court didnt provide me stay order so that i could contineu my studies, what i do plz give me sympathetic and an expert advise

(Guest)
@ Zeeshan On which grounds your admission is terminated by the insitute???????

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     14 July 2011

Mr. Zeeshan

Please disclose the reason of your termination.

However, in case the stay has not been granted in your favour, you can file an appeal before the Competant Appellate Court.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     14 July 2011

Mr. Shiv Sharma,

Whether the Courir Co. had given you any written assurance about delivery period. ?

shiv sharma (NA)     15 July 2011

Originally posted by :SACHIN AGARWAL
"
Mr. Shiv Sharma,

Whether the Courir Co. had given you any written assurance about delivery period. ?
"

No Sir, there was no such written assurance. However, I am wondering if there are any regulations regarding courier services. What does exactly define a courier as compared with ordinary post?

zeeshan.physics (student)     17 July 2011

my admission was cancelled on the grounds that a female student filed complaint  against me and then with in three days i was terminated .but the main reason of my termination of admission was the personal clashes with a teacher in my faculty, and that complaint also contain no such special offecnce, but just a worse dressing to some one rutine life ,

P V Namjoshi (pvnamjoshi@gmail.com)     17 July 2011

Yes it is deficiency in service. Approach Consumer forum. 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2011

Customer pays for courier service believing it is the fastest mode of delivery.

You can escalate the matter to :

S.D. AGGARWAL, [Chairman-cum-Managing Director]Blaze Flash Courier

sdaggarwal@blazeflassh.com 
chairman@blazeflassh.com

to know the exact reson for delay.

Usually the courier has a mandateTAT of delivery within 24/48/72/96 hours. For obvious reasons courier does not mention tentative date of delivery, and ignorant customers do not insist.

From Patiala to Greater Noida should not be    above 48 hours, believing that the route Patial-Ambala-Delhi, delivery shall be next day early morning and Delhi  Greater Noida by same day afternoon.

Your courier might have hired or arrnged elivery thru some third party arrangment and might be lying somewhere as "address not traceable" . If you have mentioned phone numbers on the cover and AWB, you can contest.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2011

Customer pays for courier service believing it is the fastest mode of delivery.

You can escalate the matter to :

S.D. AGGARWAL, [Chairman-cum-Managing Director]Blaze Flash Courier

sdaggarwal@blazeflassh.com 
chairman@blazeflassh.com

to know the exact reson for delay.

Usually the courier has a mandateTAT of delivery within 24/48/72/96 hours. For obvious reasons courier does not mention tentative date of delivery, and ignorant customers do not insist.

From Patiala to Greater Noida should not be    above 48 hours, believing that the route Patial-Ambala-Delhi, delivery shall be next day early morning and Delhi  Greater Noida by same day afternoon.

Your courier might have hired or arrnged elivery thru some third party arrangment and might be lying somewhere as "address not traceable" . If you have mentioned phone numbers on the cover and AWB, you can contest.

P V Namjoshi (pvnamjoshi@gmail.com)     29 July 2011

File appeal before superior court and request for stay. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register