LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shweta agarwal (executive)     09 May 2011

Lost original sale agreement papers

Hi, i have a flat in mumbai. Unfortunatley, i have lost the original sale agreement documents. I have xerox copy of sale agreement document and original amenities document. I wish to purchase a new flat. What is the procedure for duplicate papers?

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)

1.YOU MAY KINDLY CHECK UP WITH THE REGISTRARS OFFICE BECAUSE ALL ORIGINAL  AGREEMENTS ARE TO BE SUBMITED TO REGISTRAR WHILE PAYING STAM AND HENCE KINDLY CHECK UP FOR RECEIPT ISSUED BY REGISTRARS OFFICE ACKNOWLEDGING THE SAID ORIGINAL AGREEMENT SUBMITED FOR REGISTRATION. YOU MAY APPLY FOR CERTIFIED COPY OF THE SAME.

2.YOU MAY KINDLY CHECK UP WITH THE BUILDER FROM WHOM THE SAID FLAT WAS PURCHASED BY YOU.

3.YOU MAY PREPARE AN AFFIDAVIT AND MENTION ALL FACTS AND ALSO FILE A POLICE COMPLAINT REGARDING LOSS OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS.

4.YOU MAY KINDLY SEND MORE DETAILS FOR ANY FURTHER HELP GOOD LUCK.

1 Like

kumar (NIL)     09 May 2011

Shweta,

Let me know one thing,

Yyou are talking about SALE AGREEMENT or else SALE DEED.

Thank you for your reply.... I wish to clarify the below mentioned things:-

1. If I apply for certified copy, do i still need to have the original papers in case i have to sell my flat. How much time will it take to get the certified copy?

2. Regarding filing an affidavit and police complaint, what do i have to do after that?

it is an agreement between us n the builder

shweta agarwal (executive)     10 May 2011

I wish to clarify the below mentioned things:-
1. If I apply for certified copy, do i still need to have the original papers in case i have to sell my flat. How much time will it take to get the certified copy?
2. Regarding filing an affidavit and police complaint, what do i have to do after that?

S RAJENDRAPRASAD (MANAGER)     10 May 2011

1. File FIR with concerned Police Station

2. Give publication in Newspapers circulating in local area regarding loss of original Sale Deed

3. Obtain Certified copy of Sale Deed from the concerned office of sub-registrar/Registering Authority.

If the above procedure is followed, the loss of original sale deed will be believed to be genuine.

1 Like

shweta agarwal (executive)     10 May 2011

how much time will it take for the above procedure?

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     27 May 2011

You can get the certified copies within two three days.

1 Like

shweta agarwal (executive)     27 May 2011

thank u.....we have got the original papers from the registrar office....

Suparna (Homemaker)     06 September 2012

Sir,

I have a flat in Navi Mumbai which I bought in 2001in resale.

Now I am planning to sell the flat . The prospective buyers are asking for the chain of documents.

The sale agreement between the builder and the first buyer(from whom i bought the flat) is missing. In fact it was not made.All other documents such as agreement between me and the first buyer, original share certificate, his payment receipts to the builder, possession letter are present.

Kindly advise what is to be done.

Dhaval R   06 February 2018

Hi, how did you get it? What procedure did you follow? Can you please give it in detail?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register