LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Serena sathy (Architect)     15 April 2011

Owner harassing tenants

I request the help of law professionals in this case.We moved in to a flat in mumbai 6 months ago and the agreement is for 8 months.The owner did not inform us of his intentions to sell the property when we were moving in.Since the time we have moved in, the owner keeps sending prospective buyers to the house and insists that we show the place.I have lost money and articles when the people come to my place as they come in hordes and I am unable to keep an eye on all because I stay alone as my husband works late.Since we have paid the rent in advance and the owner has a good amount as advance, he threatens us that he will not return the advance and the society members of the apartment who are illegal brokers and earn money from the owner also harass us by trying to impose fines on frivolous reasons.Everyday is a nightmare with brokers, the society people and my owner harassing us.My husband is scared to approach a lawyer or oppose them.The agreement says that we have to allow entrance of the owner or his people and we got into this place with no knowledge of such fraudsters.The owner insists that everyday I have to spend 2 hours to show people around the house and forces us by threatening dire consequences or trouble in the form of fines when we are going to quit the house.The people who came to inspect the house also spoilt the switches and many of my lights do not work.My owner insists that I pay for all of it.Please help!!!

Learning

4 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 April 2011

why stick to this place change it.

1 Like

Serena sathy (Architect)     15 April 2011

I have found another place and intend to move out.The reason I stayed is because the rent was paid in advance and I had to forgo the rent if I shifted which is a huge amount of 25000 per month.The advanced payment ends this month and I am shifting 15 days in advance but, the security will not allow the transporters vehicle to come in or get out without the owners permission.The society members including the top man are acting as brokers for my owner as they need not declare the amount earned.It is paid by the people in cash.The owner wants us to stay so that the house is furnished and looks attractive when people come in.He need not pay for the maintenance too.Can someone please let me know the legalities involved as I have to be sure that he does not hassle me anymore.What are the ways that the society or owner can take my advance.The owner seems to have used the same techniques with the earlier tenant and he quit the house within 2 months.The owner has been issued a pink slip from his organisation as well for his behavior.I just want no trouble and want my advance back without any controversies.

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     16 April 2011

The best way is you file a complain against the owner and such brokers before the local Police.

1 Like

Serena sathy (Architect)     16 April 2011

This has been my first experience with a bad owner and have never been to a police station for filing complaints.May I request someone to guide me about what category the complaint should be filed in and how to go about the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register