Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghu (professional)     04 October 2010

InCorrect Address Submitted to Court

Hi..

In one of my cases, the other party has submitted a false address in vakalatnama and contested the case.

What case I can put on that person for misleading the court.

The case has already been disposed off.

Raghu..

Learning

4 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 October 2010

YOU BRING THE MATTER IN THE NOTICE OF THE COURT.

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 October 2010

1. Sorry, I did not understand your que. Sir.

2. A Vakalatnama is filed by a ld. Advocate representing a party before the Bench. How can a Advocate's address be wrong in his own Vakalatnama?

3. May be you are referring to address of Deponent in a "Oath Affidavit" it seems so ?

4. If your que. revolves around Jurisdiction / cause of Action then it should have been Objected to at appropriate stage of the trial, now you say the matter is disposed off and moreover the brief at least to me is not very clear (since word Vakalatnama used) so can't throw much clarity by way of any suggestion.

5. Kindly reframe with reference to which case / where and what matter and with what reference (documents) then may be members can help you out. 

1 Like

Raghu (professional)     05 October 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the replies..

The matter was in the high court. It is a 482 petition and a notice has been to the otherside with the last known address. But the acknowledgement was returned back to the court endorsing 'forwarded to some new address' . But the other side advocate filed the vokalatnama with the old address(of the party)  (for which the notice has been sent and returned back) and contested. The case was disposed off in one date and it was not observed by us. We need to know the actual address of the party. But the otherside is escaping by providing wrong address to the court like this.

Now as the matter is already been disposed off in the high court, I'can't bring the same to the HC notice. But the otherside has misleaded the court by providing wrong address and escaping by not providing the correct address.

Now what action can be taken against that party.

Raghu

Raghu (professional)     11 October 2010

Any useful suggestions???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register