LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

selfstudyinglawstudent (law student)     21 September 2010

husband not spoken for 2 years

Girl returns to maternal home after torture from matrimonial home. She has been tortured no end in matrimonial home for jewellery and money.

She has been taunted, ridiculed,  called names like stupid, idiot etc.Physical, verbal abuse and all.

After returning, girl tries to call husband and reconcile with him on behest of parents.

But the husband never ever answers the phone. Only the in-laws speak and answer for him and convey his messages via via

Two years have lapsed.

Girl has won interim maintenence of 10k though husband earns 10 lakh a month.

Girl has not filed case against Domestic Voilence yet in the police station.

For divorce, is it necessary to file the DV in the police station? Will it help the case ?

If girl files for divorce, will the Complaint filed after 2 years in the police station help?

Esteemed lawyers please answer.

Learning

4 Replies

aflatoon dash (health)     21 September 2010

mail,

I will not answer the lawyer part of question but i am definietly going to discuss the health of your relationship..

In marriage each spouse is responsible to contribute 50% for relationship to thrive grow and sustain ..If one partner is underperforming then the other partner may try to compensate by overcontibuting.This over period of time will affect the physical emotional and financial health of the desperate partner.It is not healthy.You can only do your bit and not what your husband should be doing and is not doing.If you feel perpetually sad ,confused,trapped and low in your relationship with your husband then most likely it is an abusive relationship.Here one has to tackle the problem differently,

1- be totally selfish

2- detach with care(i.e you are willing to accept and forgive him if he shows signs of repentence)

3-Look after your helath financial,emotional,social health.

4-Try to be financially   independent

5-Grow friend circle which approves of you and avoid them who are critical.

6-love and respect yourself then only world will start noticing you.

Silent treatment by husband is emotional abuse.Recognize this and prevent  yourself from this.Dont give him emotions to blackmail you.STAND UP AND FIGHT.Be prepared to forget and forgive him if he mends his behaviour other wise not.

2 Like

(Guest)

@Prabhakar - I really appreciate your advice as given above.

1 Like

Sushant Singh (Private Service)     24 September 2010

Prabhakarji, good advice.

Else everybody seems to motivate women to file false cases.

Your advice is within ethics and truly appreciable. Good to have lawyers like you in the forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register