Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhushan Khatri (Properietor)     24 August 2010

Can Magistrate Orders U/s 156/3 be discharged U/s 239 Cr.p.

Can orders passed by a Magistrate U/s 156/3 to investigate a Criminal Case U/s 406, 420, 504, 506 & 34 of IPC be discarged U/s 239 of Cr. P.C.

I had filed a private Criminal compliant  in 2008 against my brother in the  Court of C.J.& J.M.F.C. at Ulhasnagar after realizing that he had sold most of the properties and Shops  without any authority from my late father or any of the family members, in the capacity of a Builder and Developer to the said properties.

The said properties and Shops belonged to my late Father since 1949 and still stand in his name in government  records till date..

My brother sold most of the properties and Shops of my late father to his own wife in 2003 (after the death of my mother) and that also on her Maiden name on a simple Rs. 10/ Stamp Paper, Just to claim ownership , possession and third party intrest on the said shops and Galas. and thus have retained these properties himself by creating bogus , fraudulent and illegal sale deeds in the name of his wife and gift some shops to his very own daughters without any authority from my late father, my late mother, myself or any of the other family members.

The Magistrate passed an Order U/s. 156/3 to the Police department to investigate the matter u/s 406, 420,504,506 & 34 of IPC. My brother along with his wife was arrested by the Police department, remanded for 1 day pc and are out on bail.

The case has come up on board for hearing and my brother is seeking to get the case discharged U/s 239 of the Cr.P.C. and  U/s 468(1) (c) of Cr.P.C. as lapse of the period of limitation of three years time bar for the discharge of the case.

My Question is : Can the Magistrate discharge the case U/s 239 and 489 (1)(c) of the Cr.P.C. even though the police investigation has proved that my brother is quilty of fraud, cheating, illegally creating ownership rights for himself  along with documentary evidence like illegal Rs. 10 Stamp Paper Sale Deeds.

Question no 2: Which and What sections are applicable in the above criminal petition so that the case should be COMMITED  and the quilty should be punished.

BHUSHAN KHATRI.

Learning

3 Replies

SANJAY GUPTA (Advocate)     24 August 2010

Magistrate may discharge accused after considering the prayer and if found that there is no material in charge-sheet under-section239 cr.p.c and section 469 cr.p.c starts from the date of knowledge of the offence, so your case is strong. go ahead....

1 Like

Ayush (Advocate)     25 August 2010

under section 239, the magistrate can discharge the case only after examining the documents produced by the police in its report after investigation. If the police has collected enough evidence and there appears to be a case against your brother than the magistrate will certainly frame charges against the accused and the trial process will begin. under section 469 the period fo limitation will be computed from the knowledge of offence to the complainant. Truly said earlier by Mr. sanjay your case is strong.

1 Like

Makarand Gundre (self)     12 September 2010

I have filed private case against Mr Harish Wadia and Pushpa ramchandra Murjani for cheque bounce and fraud in a property deal court has ordered U / s 156/3 enquary but as they are not avalable at address nor new address mobile switch of  what should be the further action as police cannot arrest them

pl advice

thanking u

Makarand Gundre

makarandgundre@hotmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register