LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

joseph (consultant)     08 July 2010

Father sole ownership to family joint ownership

Hi, My girlfriend's family (father ,mother and 3 younger sisters with her).My girlfrind's father is a postman. several years back they had some business(petty shop,flour mill  maintained by the 4 girls and mother alone) with that her father was able to manage the family and buy some property. Now recently  she came to know that her fahter is having a illegal 2nd marriage and 2 kids. Now out of doubt on her father, she is forcing him to make joint ownership of all the property on her sisters and mom's name untill all the girls get married or to write any legal document which prevents him from selling the property before they get settled. But her father is saying that it costs more to do this. She doesnt want to claim a case on her father for his actions, rather she wants to make sure the property has to be secured. Consider the property value is around 1Cr in Hyderabad. Please guide me with this or suggest any alternative ways to do this with less money spend

Thanks

Joseph

Learning

4 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     08 July 2010

well tell ur girlfriend to get her father to get her and her sister's name as co-owners in the revenue and other records as she does not wish to take him to the court. Since it is her father's self acquired property nobody can claim any right or interrest therein. but if she gets him to enter names of herself and sisters and as and when the mutation us certified, she and sisters will be the co owners and have a right as co-owner in the property. In the first palce get him to hv mother's name entered.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. My girl friend is  in USA , she for herself not worried about her share or anything. all  she needs security for her sisters. In this situtaion she is not able to do anything from there and her father is  giving reasons to postponed this matter. As u said  , writing names in revenue and co-owner things, Please can you explian me the procedures of this.

1. what does it mean registering the names in revenue.

2. how much money we have to spend for this.

3. do we need to hire a lawyer.

Neither me nor my girlfriend does know anything about these procedures.

Also will there be any problem, if my girlfreind's fahter ddint show the income in IT, while registering the names.

thanks for ur valuable time on  this.

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     08 July 2010

Its all about getting their names entered in Village form no. 7/12 and other records. You may be aware of Village form no. 7/12 which is maintained by revenue authorities. At present name of ur girlfriend's father should be appearing as an owner. An application is to be made to the concerned authority normally a mamlatdar with necessary proof therewith upon which after verifying the same, a notice under section 135 of Bombay land revenue code will be issued to parties which is to be signed by the parties. If no objection is recieved against entering the names of sisters as co-owners, mamlatdar shall certify/confirm the mutation entry made in that regard. normally there are agents in revenue office, who dies this business day in day out. u may take their services. These revenue officers have an itching palm so it can be done even without knowledge of ur girlfriend's father which is very common now.

Thanks again.

I will inform regarding this to my girlfriend. I may need your guidance again in future. but one thing, the last line,"even without  girlfriend father's knowledge". Iam not able to understand it. how is it possible?

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register