contract labour

hi,
we have entered into an agreement for annual maintenace of ups. we have in our contract mentioned that the contractor's employee shall not be compensated with respect to injury or factal accident. the contractor is objecting for the same and wants it to be deleted. i think that we are right and the contractor is liable for the same. please comment on the same.

public servant

Let   him   object.You   have  done  the  right   thing.

Now he is asking for explanation. what shall i reply

Law Officer in a CPSU

Dear Gigi Pramod,

Under AMC contracts, if the contractor employs contract labourers and there happens to some injury or accident/ fatal accident , the primary responsibilty to pay compensation to the injured or deceased laboureres lies with the contractor under the provisions of CL(RA) Act. However, when the contractor fails to pay compensation to the injured labourers, then the secondary responsibility shifts to the principal employer (i.e.a company or firm etc). In these kind of situations, the principal employer has to pay compensation the victims and has to make recovery from amounts that are due to be paid to the contractor under the terms and conditions of the contract.

With warm regards,

P.Elamaran.

Labour Lawyer Ranchi Jharkhand

Mr. Elamran has rightly described the legal position. In this connection section 20 and 21 of CL(R&A) Act,1970 can be referred.
Any contract made, beyond/ contrary to the provision of law shall be voidable/ void-ab-initio.

Thank you all for giving clarify in this concept.

Advocate

A good work by Mr. Elamran

Dear Experts,

If I am not wrong there is a court judgement which clearly states that outsiders (service providers) need not have to be employees of the principal employer. In this context, the case above is clearly answered.

The service providers` employees need not have to be covered for such benefits.

-Saravana Rajan

ADVOCATE

Dear Sir,

Pl give the citation of the judgement ,?

Jagan

Dear Mr. Jadadeesh,

Pls find the attachment

-Saravana Rajan

Attached File : 35 court judgement - outside party.doc downloaded 186 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query