LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anu   29 April 2018

Contested divorce maintainence dv

Husband disowned me in 2014  just few months after i settled with him in US. I was asked to return to India to look after his Parents. after i returned, his parents refused  to let me join them or my husband.  My family spent months in making them accept in presence of both parties elders. Husband filed divorce case in family court under mental cruelity in march 2016. Still he did not appear for  single hearing and finally i filed counter claim divorce petition asking for alimony in order to make him come to india.

His family now asking for settlement for marriage expenses and note husband wont be present for settlement.

Now i strongly want him to pay for his deeds and negligence and come to court at least once and go through the same pain as mine.  I do not want him to leave me without him going through the pain of separation.

But what could i do to make him appear in front of the court. Like maintainence, Dowry or Domestic violence? and i did go through dowry and domestic violence physically and mentally. but i have no enough proof as they were done in US.

I am still dependant on my family though am educated and working on meagre salary.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 April 2018

Hope you shall take it positively.

If Lawyer of the spouse appears and concludes the claim of alimony, maintenance, marriage expenses, MCD to your satisfaction then you are at liberty to take up the opportunity and you may take up…

Consult your elders of the family, well wishers and your own very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt.. … and draw amicably MoU to the satisfaction of both parties..

Rest you are already aware of the cases that can be filed..as posted by you and your own Lawyer can also update you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 April 2018

However in that case the OP may also become rigid and litigation may be protracted..

If your own counsel is as suggested above he/she may not advise you to remain entangled in litigation and waste precious years of youth in litigation….

Otherwise a Lawyer may be happy to get as many cases and FEE for each case..even if the client does not irrefutable evidences to substantiate the accusations/allegations…

If the lawyer fails the OP may resort to counter cases and even new cases for defamation..damages ..

If you wish you may forget the episode and close the matter to your satisfaction and moreover the OP has made the offer..

In this mortal world everyone sees Hell and Heaven in mortal life…

During the bad phase of OP you can very well laugh at their face and back and also feel satisfied that you took right decision at right time and focused on your future and built IT.

Your success itself is/will be a loud slap on face of OP.

Preferably end the good for nothing litigation.

Rest you may proceed as deemed fit and suitable.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register