LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kumar (IT)     11 March 2015

Contested divorce

Dear experts, Please let me know the outcome of the case filed by my wife.

Case under section : 13 i ia + filed by wife seeking divorce and 35 Lakhs allimony

Husband: Employed + 60K salary monthly + no property in his name + Engineering graduate

Wife: Employed + 60K salary monthly + no property in her name + Engineering graduate

Husband and wife: No kids + No joint property + 2 years old marriage + Hindu marriage act

In the mediation:  Husband agreed for giving divorce and said no to alimony. But wife is saying all false allegation about me to the mediator (which she cant prove in court). She is very stubborn that she wants alimony.  The case is now directed back to court as the mediation failed.

Please let me know how this case will proceed in court, and what should be my stand. I dont want to give any money to her.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Chennu (senior)     11 March 2015

firstly confirm if your wife is ready for divorce. 

Sunil Kumar (IT)     11 March 2015

We both are ready for divorce

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     11 March 2015

if the allegations are false then prove them or it is on her hand to prove the allegations and you say that she is not having any evidence so be firm on alimony without paying you can fight on merits and you will succeed but it takes some time say in years 

and if you want fast divorce mutual divorce is best and if you ask her she ask for alimony 

Kumar Chennu (senior)     11 March 2015

agree to what Mahesh says..if you want a faster divorce, mutual is the best.

Sonia Saini (advocate)     11 March 2015

Dear Sunil,

The alimony amount asked by her is way too much. Contest your case , as she is employed and equally qualified , she would get no maintenance at all.

Regards,

Adv. Sonia Saini

S S Global Law Firm

G-4, Shokeen Plaza, Plot-3

Sector-12, Pocket -7, Dwarka

New Delhi- 110075

Mobile: +91 9873658554 | Email: sonia@ssglawfirm.in

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register