Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar (Retired)     14 November 2016

Consumer forum

I bought a holiday package for 10 years from a company but later changed for 5 years after reading horrible comments on internet from other people. Company refunded 50% but for 50% balance they are just saying they'll refund but not refunding and it's been 6 months. My question is can I go to consumer forum for entire refund as I don't trust them anymore? Can I file a case in Gurgaon when company is located in Mumbai and their agreement say all legal dispute will be sattled in mumbai only? Please guide


 3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     14 November 2016

Anil kumar u need to file consumer case at mumbai only since you have accepted their terms while paying the amount. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 November 2016

If you have received 50%amount at Gurgaon then you can definitely file complaint at Gurgaon else you have to file in Mumbai.

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     15 November 2016

the payment was mad efrom Gurgon and you are also residing there hence Gurgaon court has jurisdiction. .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register