Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mentally Harassed (Executive)     16 January 2011

Complainant Cannot Withdraw Complaint !!!

I am the complainant. I filed a complaint against the man I was going to marry to after he disappeared and was not found even after 8 months. Meanwhile his mother, out of anger or hatred for me, lied to me that he was married to another girl. I had given few lakhs to him as we had planned to get married and his business was going in losses. As soon as I heard about his marriage to another girl I filed FIR under 420 against him and his mother. Later the mother came out with the truth that she herself had removed him from the house as inspite of explaining him many times, he continued to invest money in shares and had made losses to such an extent that they did not have money for monthly expenses. After knowing the truth, I made a written request to police to take the complaint back. The police asked me for money which I refused. So very hurriedly the police arrested his mother, produced her in court and filed the case in court. The son is still missing (though he had called me once to tell me that he is not in a position to take him own responsibility and hence does not want to spoil my life as he has lost everything in life). Now, the lawyer is saying that the only way is to quash the FIR wherein the mother will have to raise a request for quashing and I can accept it.  Would that not be a long way? Instead of her raising the request, and then I accepting it?  I am already ready to take the complaint back. So can I not directly raise a request to quash the FIR. When his mother was arrested, the lawyer, police, and everyone in court took their share (it was disgusting to see them ask for money like shameless and as I did not want the 70 year old lady to be in prison, I had no other choice but to throw money in their mouth.  Now the police is finding her son inspite of me telling them that I have nothing against them. If they are able to find her son, then once again the police will trap us into giving them money or else they will beat him in lock-up. Is quashing FIR by the accused the only way?  Can the complainant herself not file for quashing the FIR as I think it will help to close the case faster?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register