LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NIKUMBH   08 June 2016

Compensation from university

Applied at University against few vacant seats, studied for the exam booked train and flight tickets as well with accordance to the examination date but they cancelled the examination at the last moment, stating that University won’t go through with this as it will create vacancy in other Universities.

So, is there any legal remedy or action that I could take against the University to get compensation for the ticket prices and mental pressure which I as well as many other students went through this entire time, already planning to file a PIL against it so any suggestion or advice which would help in framing arguments and for strengthen the PIL, any Article, part or section in our law which could help. Any suggestion would do don’t hold back anything.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     08 June 2016

Public interest litigation is filed for general interest of public.

As university cancelled it for legal reason u can't get compenstion for it.

U can send notice for recovery of ur ticket amount if u want.

NIKUMBH   08 June 2016

Legal reason ? Any prudent person can think of it that it will obviously create vacancies in other colleges. So why started it at the very first place it self. And it is not only about one individual, I already got 10 people with in this so is there any definite number under which we can call it public ? And about notice how can we proceed with this approach ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 June 2016

Whether or not there is no right to claim reimbursement of expenses incurred towards conveyance until and unless it was specifically allowed in the advertisement made by the university. 

If there was no such assurance then you are not eligible to claim any such compensation.

The canellation of examination may be due to unavoidable reasons for which university cannot be held responsible.

May be you will be fighting a losing battle even if you gather strength to support your cause through a PIL or any other case against the university.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register