Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pragnesh R Patel (Sr. Executive - HR & IR)     17 December 2013

Compensation

Dear Sir/ Madam,

i was engaged with one small size engineering company in Gujarat and there was one of my colleague who died due to heart attack..... Now the employer keeps avoiding to accept his liability to pay the compensation to family members.....!

He assured to all of our staff members but he never has actually fulfilled his commitments. i just want to know that can we go for the litigation against this?

Does natural death during the course of employment have any chances to be considered as responsibility of employer?

what should be an ideal ground on which we could go in against of employer? Emplyer does not provide PF in any case and keeps maipulating by bifercating the manpower in two seperate unit....

manipulation of wage register, and all.

please guide me in this matter.

Learning

1 Replies

Rohan (Manager- Legal)     17 December 2013

From your query I assume the follwing things;

1) This was a Engineering Firm and not a Company.

2) Your collegue died a natural death (Heart attack) while being in employment. Not necessarily in the office premises while on duty but maybe at home nut whilst being under employment.

If the above two things are true, I am afraid there is very little that can be done.

However, under the current Labour laws, the Firm owner in under duty to maintain a health & death-disability coverage for all employees. A complaint to the Labour board can be made

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register