LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalit malhotra (delhi)     07 February 2012

Compassion ground job in mtnl delhi

sir my father ws the employee of Mtnl delhi expired on 20.4.2011. his retirement year is 2019 . i applied for job in deptt on compassion ground in the place of my father but the deptt is not ready to give me job. i am in very trouble please help me

Lalit malhotra

Learning

9 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2012

Your query is not clear.  It is not known on thich ground you have been denied apointment. Whether it is denied you you are just inwaiting list.

First of all it is not job in place of your father , it s merely a compassinate job.

Such jobs are given only out of 5% of  Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) and comparative merit of the applicants is assessed.  Remember reservation beyond 50% is not allowed as per Supreme Court guidelines. The Govt sector jobs are already reserved to the extent of 50% (15 SC+ 27 OBC + 7 ST). Therefore even that 5% is to be taken from the proportionately by vertical reservation from the respective share of Sc/ST/OBC/gen category posts depending upon the category of the applicant. That being the case the share if gen candidate is 5% of 50% = 2.5% out of total Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) ,   and OBC it is 5% of 27% = 1.25% out of total Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) ,   for SC 5% of 15% = .75% out of total Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) ,   and for ST it will be 5% of 7.5% = 38% out of total Class III&IV posts. No job can be offered beyond that limit even if the applicants are large number. The slots reserved for Handicapped, ex-servicemen and sports persons are also allocated in the same manner to ensure that horizontal reservation does not exceed 50%.  So comparative merit is drawn based on the indignant condition of each family.

(Guest)

Appointment on compassionate ground depends on various criterias, like, if there is no other earning hand to support the family, eligibility of the applicant, age condition, availability of vacancy, No. of applicants of other deceased persons, etc.

So, better check and intimate on which ground your application has been rejected.

Lalit malhotra (delhi)     13 February 2012

sir, the officers of Mtnl told me that there is a blanket ban in mtnl to give a job on compassion ground.and this time the sceme  of job in compassion ground in  mostly govt sector is approx finished.They also said that there is a not any rule of govt to give a job in compassion ground.so the deptt is not responding me within passing one year inspite of elligable of job  . sir please help me i am qulliefied for get  the job.and also there is no any other person who earns after my father . i give the home tution to the student to full fill our family requiement, My sister is unmarried.and there is very difficult problem at my home please give me right guidence 

thank  you

(Guest)

Better send 2-3 reminders under registered post to ask for the status of your case. If you haave not received any communication in response to your application and the authorities are telling you only verbally, that means the authorities are telling a lie just to avoid your case and favouring some one else. You may, if you like, can talk to me on phone, as provided in my profile link for further guidance.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 February 2012

I believe that Mr Dhingra has understood the problemt rightly. The activity suspected by him also does talek place in some organisations.  You have not specified the level at which you have met.

Put and RTI query (by yourself or other persons)

When did compassionate appointment stop in MTNL?

Copy of relevant board resolution?

Copy of approval of the concerned Ministry.

Lalit malhotra (delhi)     27 March 2012

Sir,

My father was the employee of Mtnl Delhi and expired on April 2011. his retirement year is 2019.sir I belong to a middle class family my father was only person who earns I am doing my study(M.A.) After the death of my father I applied for the job in mtnl on compassion ground for fulfill the requirement of my family but after passing approx one year the deptt is not giving the response on my application ,they told me that compassion ground job has a blanket ban by the govt of India and also there is a blanket ban in mtnl to give a job on compassion ground. sir I met all the officers of mtnl but no response is given by them, sir I am eligible and under age and also fulfill all requirement to get a job .sir please help me in this matter.

Thanking you

karan veer singh (web designer)     29 October 2014

Subject: Compassionate Appointment in MTNL Delhi.

Respected Sir,

Have to inform you with large sorrow that my father was the employee of MTNL Delhi and expired on 18th December 2012. His retirement year was 2022. Sir I belong to a middle class family my father was only person who earns. I am completed my study (B.A.) After the death of my father. I applied for the job in MTNL on compassion ground for fulfil the requirement of my family but after passing approx one year the depth is not giving the response on my application, they told me that compassion ground job has a blanket ban by the govt of India and also there is a blanket ban in MTNL to give a job on compassion ground. sir I met all the officers of MTNL but no response is given by them, sir I am eligible and under age and also fulfil all requirement to get a job .

Sir please helps me in this matter.

Thanking you
Karan Veer Singh

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2014

Originally posted by : karan veer singh

Subject: Compassionate Appointment in MTNL Delhi.

Respected Sir,

Have to inform you with large sorrow that my father was the employee of MTNL Delhi and expired on 18th December 2012. His retirement year was 2022. Sir I belong to a middle class family my father was only person who earns. I am completed my study (B.A.) After the death of my father. I applied for the job in MTNL on compassion ground for fulfil the requirement of my family but after passing approx one year the depth is not giving the response on my application, they told me that compassion ground job has a blanket ban by the govt of India and also there is a blanket ban in MTNL to give a job on compassion ground. sir I met all the officers of MTNL but no response is given by them, sir I am eligible and under age and also fulfil all requirement to get a job .

Sir please helps me in this matter.

Thanking you
Karan Veer Singh

If as a matter of policy any PSU stops offering compassionate job then the cannot be compelled by law

Deepesh Bharti   11 May 2021

Hello sir. 

I am Deepesh Kumar Bharti and my uncel was an M.T.N.L employee who expired on 7th may 2021 due to covid. My uncels family has two son ( aged 20 and 16 ) and his wife and was the only earner in the family. Is there any way so that their elder son could get job in M.T.N.L on componsative ground.

Please help us as there is neither pension nor much saving for them.

Awaiting your reply, thanking you

Deepesh Kumar Bharti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register