LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hardee (proprieter)     02 July 2010

commertial premises use limitations

I am a doctor. I own a hospital on the third floor of a building. In our proper registry document, it is stated that, we cannot run a medical store in the 3rd floor hospital premises. It has been signed by me 5 years back.

Can this be prohibiting me to start a drug store in the hospital premises.

As the premises is a commertial premise. I am already running a hospital in it. If a medical store is started is it illegal.

What importance and weightage is there regarding the matter written in the property document.

kindly guide

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 July 2010

When there is a written agreement not to start a medical store, violation of such agreement amount breach of conditions.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 July 2010

Technically what Mr Rajoo says may be correct but you can not have a legal agreement imposing illegal conditions. The court will allow you to modify this agreement. Once it is commercial all legal commercial activities are permissible.

hardee (proprieter)     03 July 2010

Originally posted by :hardee
"

I am a doctor. I own a hospital on the third floor of a building. In our proper registry document, it is stated that, we cannot run a medical store in the 3rd floor hospital premises. It has been signed by me 5 years back.

Can this be prohibiting me to start a drug store in the hospital premises.?

As the premises is a commertial premise. I am already running a hospital in it. If a medical store is started is it illegal.

What importance and weightage is there regarding the matter written in the property document.

kindly guide

"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register