Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitendra Vawadra   28 June 2020

Classes not giving refund.

Hi,
I have joined offline classes in March 7th 2020, and paid the money through an EMI aggregator which has tieup with the classes. I'm paying the EMIs for 63720 /- INR but I'm not getting offline classes due to COVID-19 situation, classes have shifted online and they are asking me to wait for offline class until there is any directive from government to start the class. I had attended only 2 weekends from 7th march - 15th march, then they went online. Now the issues is I'm only 2 EMIs away from completing the loan but there is no assurity as to when the offline class will start and joined the only because of offline class, I am not able to keep pace with online class and notified the same (I attended 1 or 2 weekends online before notifying them) they asked to wait for offline class. Offline is being pushed and I am being said to do online which I am not comfortable with and asked for refund which they're denying since it's too late for that.I want offline classes but there's no assurity when it will start, is there any way to get refund? I have kept every calls in recording.
Please share your thoughts on how to get refund or what would be the best approach to get money back.
If required I can share the T&C as per their website.

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 June 2020

You need to go through the T&C..

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2020

In case of onlne classes they would have reduced the fee and intimate in writing for online classes. Any how see their TERMS & CONDITIONS OF YOUR OFFLINE CLASSES.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     29 June 2020

1. Students are not consumers, as held in many consumer cases in India. Hence, prima facie, going to consumer forum may not be useful.

2. Covid is unusual situation. Neither you nor your institute was prepared for it. So try to bear with the situation for the moment.

3. If you really want to recover the amount, better consult a lawyer with all documents (money receipts/ installment details/ brochure/ terms and conditions etc. of the course. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register