LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nihar (md)     08 March 2011

clarification of special marrage act

hi im a  muslim guy my age is 21 and i am a software engineer by profession i want to marrya a hindu girl of age 20  under the special marrages act,now during the notice period of 30 days if any objection is raised for my marrage though no conditions of section 4 are breached even then you know indian parents they will seperate us so to save my marriage can i immidiately go for a muslim law marriage where i convert the girl and get married  even before the completion of those 30  days period if yes again should i file a fresh notice

note:girl is  of 20 years not 21 

Learning

1 Replies

arockiam (advocate)     09 March 2011

since you say that you have applied for a spceial marriage under the Act you can proceed with the same and no one can in the absence of any objection invalidate your marriage under the Act as soon is it is duly registered. but ofcource you can anticipate any problem from any of your quater as any indian parents would do. if you want to do away with the spceial marriage Act and perform your marriage under the muslim act you can withdraw the previous application and do under the muslim law following the rules set out in that act. all the best

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register