Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasant (manager)     03 June 2011

civil consumer forum case openion

Synopsis of the case:

a) The case relates to booking of 100 Sq. Yard Villa in “Omaxe City”, Bhiwadi, Alwar, Rajasthan. The villa in this case is Villa No. 378.

b) The booking was made by me directly in the Kalka Ji office of the Omaxe on 23/03/2009. The term of booking was “Installment Plan” which was explained to me will be Construction Linked plant (CLP). The booking amount of 2.5 Lac was paid on the same date via cheque no. “112063” of HDFC.

c) At the time of booking, verbal assurance was given by the builder that the possession of the said villa will start from diwalli of 2009, as the project started in 2006 and is about to finish, on this basis they also charged me higher price.

d) The allotment letter was sent to me on 6th April 2009. The receipt of the 2.5 Lac was also issued along with it via Receipt no 346643 dated 6th April 2009. Along with the Allotment letter was the demand cum payment schedule letter, the payment schedule was marked with due date not with construction milestones. When I called customer care for inquiring about the same, they said that you have purchased the Villa late, which is about to be completed so this is the only installment plan you have, they also assured me that as the possession will be given by diwali I have nothing to worry about.

e) When I received the Builder buyer agreement on 15/5/2009 , the term of payment was marked as "time link interest free plan", when I again complained to customer service on phone they said me that this is same as CLP, and again assured me that I have nothing to worry about as the possession will start in Diwali 2009.

f) I also took loan from LIC Housing finance (LIC HF) for the same, The fist sanction letter was issued on 03/03/2009, which expired as Omaxe took too long to process the document, the extension for the same approval was issue by LIC HF on 30/06/2009, which to my surprise bank did not disburse the loan amount on the account that no construction has happened till then. The pace of construction was so slow that the approval of LIC HF terminated. Then again I applied for fresh loan from LIC HF which was sanctioned on 30/07/2010, but the same story started again, but after several round of discussion with LIC HF they did disburse approximately 7.61 Lac on 30th Sept 2010. In the whole process of getting loan sanctioned multiple I lost more then 30,000 INR as processing fee.

g) In Dec 2010 out of blue I received a letter from Omaxe (attached with mail as Omaxe interest letter") saying that My allotment will be canceled if I don't pay the balance amount and interest within 10 days. I wrote to them sever times that my payment plan is CLP and bank will pay only when you do construction, they did not reply. (the mails are attached).

h) They have no respect for the 18 month deadline they have given in Builder Buyer agreement for completion of project from booking and the penalty clause after that.

i) In the mean time I have been following up with them on the date of possession with customer care, every time they make false promises of the date. (The replies of customer service are attached with the mail).

j) On 24th May 2011, I visited Omaxe office for asking them in person to remove the interest levied on me. The customer care executive Ms. Neelam, in a very disrespectful and arrogant manner, humiliated me and she will only look into the case at the time of possession and I will have to pay the interest no matter what.

I did some research on my own about Omaxe, the modus operand of the company seems to be to tie up customer in either “Down payment Plan” or “Time liked payment plan” giving them false promises and then divert the money to some other use. As the construction gets delayed they will charge interest on the consumer, and when the consumer gets fed up with the arrogant and humiliating behavior of the customer care they will cancel the booking after forfeiting the earnest amount which is 20% of the cost of house. They again re-book the same house to some other customer and repeat the cycle.  (There are many similar case on online consumer complain forum regarding the same)

please let me know the remidies avaliable to me.

Learning

1 Replies

@@calisT21   06 September 2023

Could you explain “Down payment Plan” to me? I need your help to know more. It is best if you can help me. I appreciate all recommendations

In my mind, I also want to introduce smash karts to you. You can join and experience it. Come on!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register