LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitesh chandra (Ast. Manager - Marketing)     03 June 2014

Civil case against ipc 306 & 498a

My brother in law wife died due to accident but her parent filed a case against my brother in law and his family for dowry and harassment under section 306 and 498A. Right now my brother in law is in police custody from almost around 80 days. Police has investigated the whole case and has not filled the chargesheet yet. Police also not found anything against my brother in law family. I just want to know if police not filed the chargesheet in 90days can we apply for bail immediatly into session court. Or if the we get the chargesheet from police along with the NOC from police under these section then also we have to apply for bail or not. 90 days are completing on 15th June 2014. Pls. reply.

Or if the charghesheet filed by the police then what will be our proceeding for the same.

 5 Replies

Apply for tbe regular bail as soon as the charge sheet is filled by the IO. U can call me on 9711259959 for further discussion
1 Like

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     03 June 2014

Apply for bail as and when police file the charge sheet in the court, if within 90 days police failed to file chargesheet then also he get the bail .
1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 June 2014

Nothing left to be added, Sunishchai is well versed with Dowry Death cases, you may contact him post haste.



Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 June 2014

enquire with the police about the update of the case and in mean time consult a lawyer and be ready so that as soon as they file charge sheet you can apply for regular bail


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query