Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P VAMSI KRISHNA   21 August 2021

Children doesn't care of parents but care of their assets

Dear Sir,

A retired person has two children (a daughter who is serving as a nurse in defence, a son who is a manager in a private bank). As the day goes on, the children who is well settled in their personal lives doesn't take care of their parents well being but tried to dispute when it comes to the matter of property selling for his own survival which is self acquired by him. They even use to create nuisance when the persons who are interested to buy his property and provide him some money which is essential for the existence of their remaining life. Not only that, they even degraded the retired person in front of the known individuals of him who he regularly approaches regarding help.

So, could you please provide any proper and immediate solution towards his concern. can this be legally handled or else require any other action. please clarify


Vamsi Krishna


 1 Replies

Vasundhara Singh (Student)     03 September 2021

Dear Reader, It is clear from the information given by you that the property that the father wants to sell is his self-acquired property and the children have nothing to do with it as they are living their separate lives. I would like to inform you that according to Hindu Succession Act, 1956, a person has all the rights to dispose of his self-acquired property in any manner he wants and his heirs cannot object the same and therefore in your query also, the parents have the right to sell the property without any interference from the children. If the parents are unable to maintain themselves and they have no source of income, they can claim maintenance from both the son and daughter under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 by applying to the magistrate. If the children are interfering with the sale of the property, the parents can also file a civil application seeking an order of injunction to prevent any kind of interference. Thank You Regards Vasundhara Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query