Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sateesh (Software Engineer)     10 June 2014

Cheque issue property related

Dear Sir,

I purchased Flat in group house Cost is 11,50,000.Now work in progress approximately 30% completed builder will give complete flat after 8 months,Registration also completed.I paid 3,50,000 rupees (Bank 2.7 Lakhs + My self 80,000 rupees) at the time of registration. Builder mentioned he received full flat cost (8,54,000 as per government rate) in sale deed of registration.And Home loan sanctioned for 9 lakhs rupees. Amount will be released from bank bunches wise to builder depending upon work.
Bank will pay remaining amount 6.3 lakhs and I have to pay remaining amount 1.7 Lakhs for this flat.
Apart from this Builder asks a cheque for remaining amount that is 8,00,000 rupees in advance from us.And he said that he keeps this cheque until total amount is released.
My question is Can I give a cheque to builder? Because work also not completed fully, and bank also pays some amount depending upon work. Please suggest as soon as possible.......

Thank You,

Sateesh.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     10 June 2014

If you are satisfied with his work, u can give him the cheque, as he had already accepted receipt of this, in sale deed.

sateesh (Software Engineer)     10 June 2014

Sir, Work not completed. Just brick work and slabs completed. He asks cheque in advance. Please look into my last message once. Thanking you, sateesh

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     12 June 2014

As i said earlier it is upto u, to take a call, if you feel unsecured u can defer the issuance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More