LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maya Singh   03 July 2022

Cheque bounce in MahaRERA case

There was a consent terms signed in MahaRera case wherein the estate agent promised to refund Rs. 15,43,000/-. He later also gave four cheques totalling to the said amount. But two cheques dated 25th and 27th June have returned unpaid.

Now my query was should I proceed with MahaRera complaint or should I lodge a cheque bounce u/s 138 or both?


 8 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   03 July 2022

File Complaint under NI Act for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 📱 9198889990.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     03 July 2022

You should immediately proceed to file application with MahaRera, as also file civil and criminal proceedings in cheque bouncing.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 July 2022

The holder can resubmit the cheque to the bank within three months of the date on it, if he believes it will be honoured the second time. The other option would be to prosecute the defaulter legally. The first step is to send a legal notice to the defaulter within 30 days of receiving the cheque return memo.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     03 July 2022


You have to send the legal notice u/s 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act and lateron file complaint u/s. 138 of NI act. 

At the same time you may proceed with the rera case. 

Maya Singh   03 July 2022

I have a doubt whether MahaRERA will adjudicate complaint if I file cheque bounce case U/s 138 NI act and vice versa.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 July 2022

What is the opinion of your advocate?

Maya Singh   04 July 2022

I didn't have advocate I personally filed and appeared in MahaRera.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 July 2022

You may proceed with both the cases i.e N.I.Act and RERA, simultaneously.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register