Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sathyanarayanan (director)     14 September 2012

Cheque bounce - cross hearing by accused

Sir

I am an trader  , during the course of business with one customer which lasted for 5 weeks only, he didnt not honour  the balace amount , and hence this case for chq. bounce. The case is mid way thru and first cross hearing by accused on the complainant happened  and now the accused has pettioned for the complainant to submit 4 week bank statement during which transaction happened , though the chq bounced in a different month later.

i wanted to know the reason why the accused is asking for the bank statement, whats his game plan , i might lose credible information privcy to my biz , if i submit the statement as petitioned by the accused.

please advice me what should i do , and what stratergy i should adopt to counter this petition.

thank you

sathyanarayananN

Learning

4 Replies

kumar sachin (lawyer)     14 September 2012

without going through the entire case records and facts of your case, any legal opinion can not be given on your query

it is better you discuss it with your conducting lawyer and he will be the only person to advise you correctly since he must be knowing the entire facts of your case

sorry

at the present any genuine legal advise or opinion can not be given

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     15 September 2012

Hi , 

This is right of accused , because he have to prepare the defence , you have to produce that statement asked by him.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     19 September 2012

You want him to go to jail, and you want to protect privacy of your Bank Statement !! Few courts have started inititaing perjury against complainants in cheque bounce case, they were so much misuse of S.138.

v.lakshminarayanan (prop)     30 September 2012

dear member

if you are sure of the liability of the accused to you, then there should be no problem in producing the bank statement.

if you do not produce it, the court may take adverse inference. the accused can also summon the bank to get the details. in such case, you will end up in knots.

thanks

yours

v.lakshminarayanan

palani 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register