LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

1234567890   25 June 2020

Check bounce case

Hello sir, 2 years back one person (Govt retd employee) he barrowed 2 lacks rupees from us and for seucrity purpose he has given his bank check(2 check) & also we have made an agreement on 100Rs bond paper stating that he has taken 2 lacks rupees & mentioned his check numbers and bank account number in the bond paper. but now that person is not ready to do repayment. questions: 1. is it good to file a check bounce case. please tell me procedure. 2. barrower is not signed on the new bond(written), the barrower is signed on the old empty bond(not written anything on that). 3. any chances of recovering the money from the barrower. sorry i written so much, Looking for response:) Regards, Mallikarjun Poojari +91-9591938575


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 June 2020

@Malikarjun Poojari 1234567890,

Whether some endorsement has been made by drawer of cheque on the face of the cheque regarding "security " or anything like that ?

Whether the cheques are valid (within 3 months of date of cheque) ?

Whether you have got them presented / deposited with your banker ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 June 2020

The stake involved is Rs.2 lakhs.+  The amount you may have to spend on attempting to recover may be a maximum of Rs.20,000/-.  Discuss with a known and sincere advocate, present the cheque, and entrust this case to local advocate.  Take early steps as tomorrow the Govt may withdraw criminal action on such cheque bouncing, and it is the only one that is helping for recovery of cheque bounce amounts.

1 Like

Chandra Shekar Bm   28 June 2020


 bbmp limit a khatha certifed,and bda noc certficate obtained and betterment charge also paid the land is dc converted but lay out is  not aproved by any authority. can we buy such tpe of plot?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2020

Mr.Chandra Sekhar, In this forum every one thread relates a single issue, and discussion should be confined to that topic only.  This thread was opened to guide on cheque bouncing and you shouldn't trespass into other, unrelated thread and post a query.  This is against discipline and treated as irregular.  Purchasing a plot without approval is always a risky proposition and no one from the forum can advise for purchasing it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register