Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (Sr. Lead)     29 January 2010

Cheating by Courier Services Company

Hi,

i had sent a consignment in December from bangalore to jhansi through DTDC courier. This consignment had 23 pieces of readymade garments but at the time of accepting the consignment courier people said that there is no need to declare anything and took this consignment. Later this consignment was wrongly sent to some other place and then sent back to bangalore with a reason that there is no service in that area. The receipt I have clearly shows the name and pincode of the place it was sent to and their website also clearly shows that there is service in that area. They have still not delivered it back to me and now they say that the consignment has been misplaced and offered me Rs. 1000 towards full and final settlement for this. I want to get my full value back which was Rs. 6100 plus rs. 450 which I paid for courier charges. Also I want to sue them for purposefully misrouting the consignment and creating confusion so as to dupe me of my higher value consignment and offer much lesser value in compensation. My consignment was of readymade garments which I had sent as samples so that based on that I could get orders. Since these were samples, there is no invoice raised for them. I want to ask for a compensation for causing mental agony to me and my loss of business due to their bad service. Please advice me does this case make sense and what all I should take care of while am fighting this case. Also can someone guide me through the process of filing case in consumer court.

Thanks in advance,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register