LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Er Farooque   27 August 2017

Cheating by an Advocate

Traffic Police had seized my friends car for not wearing uniform and having display board inside the car. Police issued challan and instructed to pay fine in court.

My friend went to an advocate told the problem. The gready advocate with out having knowledge about traffic laws promised that he will pay the fine at traffic Police station and took money but when he went to traffic Police station they didn't collect fine. The 
cunning advocate took the fine money of Rs 1000 as his fees.

He told my friend to come to court and again collected Rs 4000 by saying he will pay fine and give back balance amount

He paid a small amount as fine and said bal money was paid as bribe.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     27 August 2017

It is not a case of cheating. He has charged his fee where is cheating. Approach appropriate authority. This is not the correct forum.

Er Farooque   28 August 2017

Firstly, just for money he confidently promised to pay the fine at Police station and collected but when the police refused to accept he said to leave the money with him to pay it in court.

secondly, For this kind of simple traffic cases Advocates collect Rs 500 as filling charges at this court but he said his fees is Rs 1000.

Er Farooque   28 August 2017

Fees, he fixed but how can an advocate claim to say he paid balance money as bribe ?

isn't this Breach of Trust?

Srinivas   28 August 2017

Sec 406. Punishment for criminal breach of trust.—Whoever commits criminal breach of trust shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both
Sec 420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register