LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venugopal   03 April 2016

Cheated by a coaching centre

We have joined in a private coaching centre for the preparation of IIT -JAM exam. After seven-eight classes, some of the students left. The coaching centre authorities then declared that they are stopping the coaching since it is not profitable for them now. They have not paid the the maoney back. Is there any solution for this?

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 April 2016

Report the matter to the police it is cheating a criminal offence .

KS Johal   03 April 2016

There is always a solution for every kind of situation. I would need to know a few more things: Regarding this private coaching Centre is this a franchise? What type of agreement do you have? When did you pay the money and how much? How did you pay the money? Was it by Cash, cheque, draught via direct debit etc. Was the money paid as a lump sum or in installments? Did you sign an agreement? If you have what were the terms? Did you pay the money on the day of the coaching or was it before coaching started? You state that after 7/8 classes some of the students left. They then declared that it was not profitable for them to continue the classes. My opinion is because there were not enough students in the class they were not making any money in running that class. I don't think that they have stopped running the centre only that particular class. Please provide information. KS Johal

(Guest)

Addional to imp. query to above all queries by above person.

1) Whether you know where the person stays, whether they have permanent address , or flat in their name etc

Once you get perfect name and address and whether they have house etc. then it is easy. Even if it is Pvt .Ltd company still I want address of all those involved in it. if Pvt Ltd company then you can get details from MCA website

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Criminal case can not help recover money , So two way approach require , I have seen cases against Aptech etc. in Consumer court etc. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register