Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pranjal (1sr year)     04 April 2012

Changing name through affidavit

Hi,

My name is PRANJAL SU"CCESSENA". You must be suprised to see my sirname. Its SAXENA.

Now the problem is that I wanted to change my name to PRASHANT/PRANJAL SAXENA. But my parents didn't allowed me. In class 9th i got to know that there are no legal means to change name/dob once you crossed 8th standard. Now, I'm pursuing B.Tech, a 1st year student. But, I somehow want to get it changed. I feel so much humiliating everytime a person sees my sirname and then make fun of me in front of everybody. Just requesting friends to call by some other name has never worked. It has to be changed otherwise I'll have to face this humiliation till the last breath of my life. It will surely create a lot of problems in professional life. Kindly help me out. Tell me any legal way or else I'll be bound to follow an illegal way bcoz in fututre i can spend any amount of money for the purpose.

Learning

4 Replies

pranjal (1sr year)     04 April 2012

Originally posted by :pranjal
"
Hi,

My name is "PRANJAL SUCCESSENA". You must be suprised to see my sirname. Its SAXENA.

Now the problem is that I wanted to change my name to PRASHANT/PRANJAL SAXENA. But my parents didn't allowed me. In class 9th i got to know that there are no legal means to change name/dob once you crossed 8th standard. Now, I'm pursuing B.Tech, a 1st year student. But, I somehow want to get it changed. I feel so much humiliating everytime a person sees my sirname and then make fun of me in front of everybody. Just requesting friends to call by some other name has never worked. It has to be changed otherwise I'll have to face this humiliation till the last breath of my life. It will surely create a lot of problems in professional life. Kindly help me out. Tell me any legal way or else I'll be bound to follow an illegal way bcoz in fututre i can spend any amount of money for the purpose.
"

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 April 2012

You can change your surname, for that you will have to issue notice to the state Govt., u/s 80 of CPC by giveing them necessary corrections in the school records  within 2 months.  ONLy on the basis of the legl notice nothing will be happened, so after lapse of 2 months you will have to file a suit for mandatory injunction to get change your surname.  Contact your lawyer he will guide you and do it.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 April 2012

by swearing an affidavcit you cannot change your surname in the school records.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 April 2012

Just make an affidavit, give it for publication in newspaper followed by gazzette notification.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register