this is Hari Mahato and I am in dilemma about a certain situation which I am unable to find any answers to. My son was born 5 years ago in Delhi and we used the family name as Mahato and his birth certificate was made as Sashank Mahato. We also made a passport with this name. Over the time people in our closed relation suggested that none of our relatives are Mahato anymore and we should change it to Sashank Singh. So, I would like to change my son's surname from Mahato to Singh. That is just the surname that we would like to change. I don't how this is going to be done. We are now located in Kharagpur, WB. I have following questions:
1. Do I have to go to Delhi to correct this on birth certificate or can it be done online?
2. Can this cause a trouble in future as the father surname is Mahato and son's surname is Singh?
3. Can the Aadhar card for my son be issued with this updated surname?
4. Can the passport be re-issued with Singh surname?
5. My son has already been abroad couple of times but with this updated surname would the embassies issue visa or would they create trouble?
I would look forward to your help. Thank you so much.