LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Singhal (Technical Analyst)     19 July 2011

Change of surname for girl child...need any affidavit/gazete

I have two daughters and in the school records etc. I have changed their surname. Recently when I went to a bank to get an account opened for my daughter, since she is a minor, being the gurdian I was asked to show my residence proof which I did but since the surname was different, they wanted a proof of relationship!!!. One guy even advised me to get a gazzete issued or some sort of affidavit stating that I have decided to change the surname of my daughter!!..Even though the birth birth certificate I have for one of my daughter it has he name (with surname changed) and my my wife's name as her parents, the bank officials refused to consider that as a relation proof...Is this correct or strange? Is it madatory to have an affidavit / gazzetes filed/confirmed for such case? If yes, pls suggest how this can be done. I am currently residing in Pune and both my daughters were born in Delhi (Birth certificate is issued by MCD Delhi).


 1 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     12 January 2012


make an affidavit.

give public notic in news paper.

no rights affected

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query