Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Enka   31 July 2018

Change of date of birth in college leaving certificate

Hi Team,

I am from Gazipur Uttar Pradesh. Currently I am married and I live in Mumbai. Now, I see that the date of birth on the college leaving is incorrect. The only valid proof for date of birth I have is the college leaving certificate and AADHAR CARD. On AADHAR card, the date of birth is correct. Now, I want to register my marriage, make a pan card, all India driving license, Bank account and Passport in the future. Also, I want to pursue further studies with the correction in date of birth. My friend asked me to get a Gazette from Uttar Pradesh for the change in date of birth ans said it will work all over India.

My question 1. is Can't I make that gazzette in Mumbai itself? Or I need to make it from Uttar Pradesh only as I have resided there. And I have the Nivas praman patra of Uttar Pradesh. I will have to check with the electricty bills as well, it could be on my Fathers name. Currently, I only have the AADHAR card on which the date of borth is correct. 

Question 2- Is there a Gazette from central Govt. or there are diffetent from State Governments?

In my case, where should I get it from- UP Govt, Maharashtra Govt or Indian Govt. and how?

My Cousin is a Gazetted officer in Indian Navy, can that work?

Please help.


 6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 July 2018

The process is not that easy as you think.  Unless you give the exact dates of the college leaving certificate, you can not expect any guidance.  The DOB certificate issued by competent authority as per Registration and as per Board SSC is only laid.   The college leaving certificate is not material evidence of a DOB.  AADHAR is not recognised as Bonafide DOB exclusive for purpose of identification of Birth.

Please contact any Advocate for due guidance as you are confused with entire process and such gazette notification etc. are not possible for DOB, and within prescribed limitation period of knowing correct DOB, you have to apply for such correction, establishing correct DOB with bonafide certificates.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     31 July 2018

Why do you say that "The only valid proof for date of birth I have is the college leaving certificate"?  

What about your SSLC Certificate? That also contains your date of birth.  

Dilip Adhikary (Officer)     31 July 2018

Kindly inform me whether pension  income from LICI on accoimt of Jiban Surska Policy is Taxable or not.

Regards & Thanks.

Dilip Adhikary

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     31 July 2018

@Dilip Adhikary: You should have posted your query in a separate thread.  What you have done is not acceptable.

In any case, the answer to your query is YES, it is taxable.

Enka   31 July 2018

Mr. Ramchandra and Mr.Prasad, thanks for answering the query. 

in Uttar Pradesh it is most common to reduce the age by 2-3 years minimum while you enroll in schools. So, the DOB on SSC and Intermediate will be the same which is incorrect. You would be surprised to know that if the dob was wrong on both, how did we manage to get the correct date on AADHDAR as it needs a DOB proof.

We live in India where we can see lakhs of bangladeshis possesing AADHAR, Ration and Pan Card which they are legally not entitled to.

Now, I am an Indian Citizen and I dont want to continue with the wrong DOB on school leaving. Only proof I have is AADHAR, My parents and Myself as I wasn't born at home and not any hospital. There are very rare chances to find the DOB at municipal corporation too. 

The easy way out it is to get the AADHAR date corrected as per the school leaving but I dont want to do that.

The way could be long and impossible but I want to know the correct method to do it.

I believe a Gazette would work. Thats what the agents who make pan card, domicile , cast certificate and passport told me.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 July 2018

Great. Kindly post your success story after getting such DOB, as it may help lakhs of other citizens, who need such guidance from this forum in future. We can continue to learn out of other's practical experience, as we may not know each and every thing ourselves.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query