Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prajith (network engineer)     14 March 2011

Change in Notice period

Sir,

I have been working with an IT company for the last 8 months. When I joined a the company I have sighned in the appointment letter where it says about the notice period as below. "SEPERATION: This contract of employment is terminable by either party by giving 30 days noticewithout any reason thereof. The company reserves the right to pay or recover salary in lieu of notice period. The above terms and conditions are subject to Company Policy."  2 months After Joining the company, they sent out an email saying that the company seperation policy has changed to 60 days from the date. I didnt sighned or acknowledged the same.  Now I got an offer from another company with a joining period of max 30 days. But my HR says as the company policy changed, I need to serve 60 days NP. Please advice me,  can I go ahead with 30 days notice period? If the HR disagrees what should be my next step?

Yours faithfully

Learning

2 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 March 2011

you recieved mail during your work and you would have seen it. if it is  the policy of the company. you cannot go beyond. Better pay the compensation to company 

M. Munikrishnan (Bank Executive (Retired))     24 March 2011

It appears that the change in policy is communicated to you 6 months back and you kept quiet.   Then you had an option either to accept the changed policy or to quit by giving 30 days notice.   By remaining silent you have accepted the terms.    Therefore, pl go with the suggestion of  Mr Aravinthan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register