Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jan (md)     17 October 2013

Change dob


is there a solution for dob change. my parents had changed my date of birth for the academic reason. So my birth certificate shows a different date than that in all other documents. my school leaving certificate shows a dob which i want to carry forward. I want to change the date on my birth certificate. Is it possible? If yes, how? If not thn what is a way out of this? I want to apply for passport and they want me to show the birth certificate.  plz help........

 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 October 2013

Factually, the birth date of a person can be changed in records, if it is subsequently found to be recorded wrongly. You can not change the actual date of birth. Only, it can be possible to correct the wrong date to it's original, subject to condition of providing sufficient reasoning for delay, enough proof of original / actual birth date etc. Further, the birth date should changed at two stages i;e 1) Birth Certificate, 2) The Matric Certificate. By filling a Civil Suit ( Declaratory ) and impleading the above 2 authorities, it can be made possible by way of a Decree of court.

jan (md)     19 October 2013

Thank you..... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query