LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amitaverma   30 April 2015

Central Govt. Office Juniors Drawing More Salary Than Seniors

Respected Sir, 


I am a retired government employee. I joined in 1971 as a regular LDC in New Delhi and my juniors joined in 1975 as Ad hoc LDC in BCB, Sunder Nagar, HP, which was a project (wef 1974-1976) and the juniors were declared surplus on 1984 by the BCB. They were re-deployed in New Delhi in Jan'1985 as LDC.


(NOTE-There is no proof that their service was regularized in ND.)


 Since their joining they are drawing higher pay than me and their pay is equivalent to the pay of the next higher designation. 


In 2012, I filed a case in CAT regarding the same and the judgement was passed by tribunal in Aug' 2014 and the case was referred to the single bench tribunal. But 3 court dates have been taken by the various advocates related to this case. 


I wish to know that how can I proceed with this case so that it will be favorable to me and also that how many dates can someone take in the duration of a case or specifically in my case where the judgement has already been passed once.


This is the primary grievance of mine, which has unethically affected my salary all these years and is now affecting my retirement pension. This has adversely affected me mentally and financially. 


I will be highly obliged if you could advice me accordingly.




- Amita Verma



 6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2015

you already have a lawyer.  what he says.

1 Like

amitaverma   01 May 2015



Thank you for your reply. My lawyer is not that cooperative with me. He doesn't answer my queries appropriately. He even said to withdraw after 2 years of filling the case.

That is the reason I am seeking help here.

Kindly suggest me accordingly.


Thank you 



- Amita Verma

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2015

you can consult other lawyer.  No congent view can be formed in your case without seeing all the papers.

amitaverma   02 May 2015



I understand.

As I said, that the judgement has already been passed by CAT in Aug' 2014 and the case was referred to single bench and 3 court dates have been taken by the various advocates related to this case. 


Can you just guide me with the maximum number of court dates any lawyer can take at this stage because it is just delaying the judgement and extending my case further. 


Thank you



-Amita Verma

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 May 2015

it is nothing but to find any evidence or to give their counter statement lawyers take some time and again for arguments and in your case its being nearly 25 years old and about the verdict specially in your or any other cases blindly giving answer will effect your ongoing case so the previous judgment is the important in this case only thing you said that it was referred to single bench and why they referred and what is the order 971794 (Advocate)     17 October 2015

Usually juniors cannot get higher pay than the seniors in Govt of India.  Your case is peculiar.  Without studying the whole case and and judgement, which according to you, is in your favour, no one can give you proper advice 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query