LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vignesh   07 February 2018

Caste reservation in inter caste marriage

Hello, My father is from a backward community and my mother is from a forward community...However the Father of my father is from a forward caste and his mother is from a backward caste...After marriage of my father�s parents they were excommunicated and my father grew in the native place of the mother...Can I avail reservations entailed for backward community or do I belong to forward community??

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     08 February 2018

The caste of the person is on the basis on the caste of his father not mother, whether you lived although the period in your mother's native place, you won't get benefits of her caste.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 February 2018

Better make yourself competant by taking education. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 February 2018

Sorry I disagree with Advocate Mahajan. There is no law which states that caste of a child is caste of the father. As far as Indian Constitution is concerned castes have no relevance except for the purpose of reservation. There is a Supreme Court judgment which says that the child of an inter-caste marriage can avail reservation provided the child was brought up in such surroundings that he or she suffered the disabilities of the caste which is eligible for reservation. The burden of proof is on the parents of the child or on the child himself/herself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register