LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anjali (software engineer)     01 January 2014

Caste

can a caste be oc in state list and obc in central list.. i am really confused.. in central obc caste list my caste is mentioned.. but in my state i am oc...is state and central list completely different ? can i claim obc reservation.. experts please give me the solution

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 January 2014

You can claim obc caste in central govt. jobs and oc.... (as you said) in state govt. jobs.

1 Like

anjali (software engineer)     02 January 2014

@ shirish power sir .. thank you very much sir..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2014

@ Anjali, Not only the Central list and the state list contradicts to the caste differentiation in listing them out, even the states differ with each other about the same caste, a caste in the BC/OBC list of one state will appear in the FC list of other state, this happens many times in the neighboring states.  However, as suggested you may apply for Central government jobs as per the list of OBC entitlement and for state govt. jobs as per the state list of OC candidates eligibility.

1 Like

anjali (software engineer)     02 January 2014

@kalaiselvan sir can judicial district magistrate sign on obc certificate ?

Attached File : 721483003 obccertificate.pdf downloaded: 92 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2014

Sorry, Judicial Magistrate cannot sign the OBC Certificate, it is within the limits of Executive magistrates of revenue department of the concerned state government.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register